Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW How Thorough Are You?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

When it comes to cleaning and otherwise maintaining your tools, how thorough are you? Do you give your stamps a mere swipe of the wipe, or do you take them to the sink for a good scrubbing? Do your stencils display every medium that you’ve ever subjected them to, or are they in pristine condition? What about your dies? Your craft mats? And dare I mention brushes?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Although I’m awfully good about caring for my stencils, cleaning them with soap and water after each use, I’m going to have to admit to being not so good to my stamps – a quick swipe with a baby wipe is all the love they get. I’m pretty anal with my dies, removing every bit of paper I see, but my poor craft mat gets a quick dusting with a towel until the buildup is ridiculous. As for my brushes – I’m the put them in water so the goop doesn’t dry before I (finally) get them to the sink type. I’ve sort of solved that one by dedicating a few cheap brushes for all mixed media. They look horrible, but since I’m only using them to apply matte gels, who cares, right?

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

My stencils are in pristine condition. I clean them after every use. I hate the idea of ruining a project because I accidently transferred a medium from one project to another.

My stamps, that’s another issue. I just stamp all the ink off and maybe a quick swipe with a wipe.

My brushes go into a jar of my own cleaning solution after each use and are wiped off with an old dishrag.

My dies, I try to clean them when I’m done. Every now and them I may find a stray piece of paper left behind.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Merrihew
          Merrihew
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I do clean my stencils after every use. Stamps get cleaned immediately. I usually clean out the dies right away, but if I am using several, I will just wait until I am done. Brushes get cleaned right away if I am scrapping in the kitchen, otherwise, I put them in water until I am done with my project.

StephD
            StephD
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I always wash my stencils off right away. Stamps I usually just stamp them on scrap paper until nothing comes off anymore. Brushes usually get washed off right away and I make sure the dies are cleaned off right away.

msjan1
              msjan1
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Slob all the way! I just bought a new stamp scrubby pad since it is 10+ years old and nasty. But, stamps have inks, brushes have paint, palette knives have mediums, dies have paper, stencils have remnants, and mats are full of stuff.

I did have a happy accident when I did not clean distress ink of off a stencil very well and then used white embossing paste. It actually turned out perfect for the page I was doing.

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Jan, LOL I don’t know what to say!
                  As for the rest of us – it looks like we all agree that our stencils are our most important babies.

Bec
                  Bec
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Im not great at cleaning things. I’ll wipe down stencils and run my brushes under water. But I have thrown out so many brushes so I only buy cheap ones now. My stamps have never been cleaned 😲

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Bec, you are a lady after my own heart 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.