Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tips, Tricks & Techniques ***How to Hand Dye Vintage Seam Binding Tutorial***

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

[img:width=600&height=447]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1295403923_55_FT64980_vintage_crinkle_ribbon_.jpg[/img]

I cant tell you how much I love ribbon. And since. As you all know,I am on the Heartfelt Creations Design Team, I have leaed to appreciate cardmakers so much more. And in leaing how to create cards, which are pretty much miniature sized layouts, I leaed that the ribbon they use in a lot of their work is actually Seam Binding. Good Lord, my grandmother kept spools and spools of the stuff, as she was a bridal seamstress…Well, I got my hands on a roll of 1000 yards of seam binding. I am guessing it is vintage because she has had it for years. Oh, imagine the excitement to receive this roll of vintage yumminess. Well come to find out, my grandmother got a lot of her material for seamstress finishing from a wonderful company called A.Feibusch Corp. in Manhatten. World renowned for their excellent customer service in servicing the garment district where my grandmother worked for years. Let me tell you, this is a small small world. Today, the company also known as ZipperStop, and they are providing that very same seam binding to crafters around the globe!! And it was under my nose for all of these years. So, that brings you to my next tutorial. Creating your own crinkle ribbon, in almost any color you want. Match paper, match flowers, match almost anything!!! And the ribbon is so beautiful and versatile. And if you don't want it crinkled, than leave it flat. I will show you how to age it for a true vintage look. It is amazing. And I am very excited to bring to you, another wonderful discovery. Look for the tutorial to be posted HERE tomorrow. These are 4 colors I got from using Glimmer Mist and Alcohol Ink. I think you are going to like this one!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

OH MY Lisa, these are gorgeous!! I can't wait.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

cool 🙂

wowza! beautiful!! can't wait!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

oooo can't wait to see this!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

OHHHHH Can't wait!!! I just ordered a bunch of this 2 months ago and haven't done much with it yet…..

Anxiously waiting!

can't wait!!!!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Yay!!!! Can't wait

yes, I'm gonna like this one!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.