Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers How to use the Embellishments in the "Looking Glass" Kit..?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hi Girlfriends…!

I just received my Looking Glass kit today, and my eyes just rolled to the back of my head from a Swirlygazem…!!!

However; I don't know how to use the Glimmer Glass Transparent Overlays (Clear Destination)…*It also says you can heat them until pliable and mold into shapes…? I have an embossing gun, but I'm unsure how this is done without damaging them…

And what are Stickles..? How do you use them…?
    * And one more question; How do you use the Glassine Paper..?

I've tried looking for videos online on how to use the Transparent Overlays, but I couldn't find anything..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated…!

Many Thanks Sisters…!!

Serena xx

Snagg1
      Send PM

Hi Serena!!

All great questions. Here are just a few ideas for you and I'm sure others will be jumping in with more!

* Glimmer Glass – You can use these like you would use any transparency. They look nice added to layers on your page, or sticking out of places. You can color them with Alcohol Ink and any permanent-type ink. You can use your heat gun and change their shape. They get all floppy when heated and you would use tweezers to shape them. Don't use your bare hands because the material will be hot! You can also find the matching glimmer chip and use it as an overlay.

* Stickles is a glittler glue. A lot of us use it for adding some sparkle to butterflies and flowers. You can also use it to highlight areas and create a glittery beaded look around things.

*Glassine paper is very cool! Here is a link to a thread in our forum that Shelly posted http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?97818

There are a LOT more ways to use these products but I will leave that for the other members to fill you in on. You can also peruse the gallery for ideas on how to use these products.

Hope that helps to get you started!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wow Lisa..you summed it up very well!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thank-You so very much Ivalent for your creative ideas…! They Really helped clear up my confusion of the new items…!! I'm gonna give the heating thing a try, as well as the glassine paper and the stickles…!! I have a Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink that I think I'm gonna try like the stickles too, and decorate with it..!

Thanks Again Girlfriend…!!

Serena xxx[/left]

Snagg1
          Send PM

Any time sweets!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.