Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff I am exhausted

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

My grandaughter has been sick this week. On Monday my son picked her up from daycare and she had a fever. He stayed home with her Tuesday hoping she could fight it off. Then he called me to watch her because he has to work. As soon as she was here and said something I knew her poor little throat was swollen. I took her to the doctor and it was so swollen, red, and had pus. The initial strep test said negative. He went ahead and put a script in for amoxicillin. Her temp got up to 104 later. Then the doc said to give her ibuprofen and two hours later tylenol, and then ibuprofen, and so on. I watched her again today and she seems to be getting better as time passes. I am taking care of her again tomorrow. I am glad she is doing better, because that 104 temp scared me, but I think this Grandma is overtired! I seriously need scrappy time, but first need the energy to do it. I just want to sit in one spot!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Aww, so glad you dgd is getting better. Poor baby with the sickies. Hope you get some rest soon.

Glad to hear your granddaughter is feeling better! Hopefully you can get a little rest!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Aww, poor little thing. Glad to hear she's doing better and hopefully you don't come out with it!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Awww. I hate it when little ones are sick like that. Breaks my heart. I'm sure she feels better being with you as I'm sure your son does as well.

You have been struggling with your own health to boot! I hope you get the time you need soon!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh, so sorry,… yeah, having a high temp always scares me brainless….. so yeah, I get that…. but hopefully she'll continue to get better….
              I'll keep you both in my prayers….

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Hope the little one continues to improve!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Aw, poor grandma. It's wonderful that you can take care of her though. Grandmas are the best! Fevers are AWFUL. You got the best advice about the tylenol and advil- it works. (I did the same thing with my baby yesterday- he's a little sick with a cough.)
                  I hope you find time to scrap soon- I love seeing your beautiful creations!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Aww, glad DGD is getting better & hope you get some needed rest & scrappy time.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Barbara, so sad when the little ones have fevers, I'm glad that she's on the mend…
                      Now, fingers crossed that you can get some rest and get better yourself and back to scrapping!!!!!

Sick kids is the worst!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Aw, hope things are better by now Barbara.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Yes she is doing better. Still sick but the fevers are not so high. I have been scrapping all day.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

hugs and prayers. nothing worse than sick babies.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.