Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff I need to stop splurging…

This topic contains 72 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author

…but the sale was too good! Look what I just bought for $45 – the entire set of Gelatos! Now that Michaels is carrying them, they will not be sold through the LSS anymore so I couldn't resist.

[img:width=500&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1343229550_1015_FT0_fc-770161.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Vicky, I've seen these online off and on for quite a while and never bit because I've been up to here in markers and paints and inks. I do know that they're different, but how?

How nice! I have a few Gelatos but only use them on my SheArt canvases..never tried using them anywhere else. HHmm..
      What are you going to use them for Vicky?

Vicky, I've seen these online off and on for quite a while and never bit because I've been up to here in markers and paints and inks. I do know that they're different, but how?

I've just recently tried them and am 100% HOOKED. They can be used to mask (without the mess of misting) and more precise adding of color, they can be made into mists or paint by adding a little of a lot of water, you can stamp with them (watercolor effect), use them like you would chalk ink on primed chipboard, color canvas, mix into other medias for glazes etc, OMG the endless uses!!! They are like a chapstick and don't dry out or the mess of a bottles/dust. There are both metallic and regular ones and you can BLEND them to make custom colors that shimmer or not – your choice. They will be replacing soooo many things I have that dry out. They are pastel based but don't smudge either when they set and you can create as much bold or softness of color as you desire. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

OK Maybe I should get a marketing job for them LOL!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

they sound cool!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Yes you should definitely get a job in their marketing department Vicky, lol. I've never heard of them before but they sound cool.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

[quote]

I've just recently tried them and am 100% HOOKED. They can be used to mask (without the mess of misting) and more precise adding of color, they can be made into mists or paint by adding a little of a lot of water, you can stamp with them (watercolor effect), use them like you would chalk ink on primed chipboard, color canvas, mix into other medias for glazes etc, OMG the endless uses!!! They are like a chapstick and don't dry out or the mess of a bottles/dust. There are both metallic and regular ones and you can BLEND them to make custom colors that shimmer or not – your choice. They will be replacing soooo many things I have that dry out. They are pastel based but don't smudge either when they set and you can create as much bold or softness of color as you desire. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!
            [/quote]

OH great!!!Now I want some!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I sent info to Krissy that it may make a nice tech kit 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

They sound really cool!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Thanks, Vicky. That DOES sound cool!!!

Wow, thanks Vicky! I'm gonna have to play now with the few that I have!
                And yes..maybe you should work for that company! haha

If you want great tips on how to use them Erica, just look at the Prima U-stream videos by Cari and Jen regarding their canvas bags and mini album to see cool techniques. Even though the projects aren't my style the techniques are AMAZING!
                Check these ones out specifically:
                http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22991511
                http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22659681

ok, Vicki – at CHA in Jan of 2011, Krissy, Rae and I took a class with these people and the class SUCKED!
                you should have taught it. we almost got kicked out cuz we were trying to entertain ourselves and didn't care for the product. this is the stuff that made Rae (Ray)'s avi – it was as a joke.
                you could definately do them some good!!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

ok, Vicki – at CHA in Jan of 2011, Krissy, Rae and I took a class with these people and the class SUCKED!
                  you should have taught it. we almost got kicked out cuz we were trying to entertain ourselves and didn't care for the product. this is the stuff that made Rae (Ray)'s avi – it was as a joke.
                  you could definately do them some good!!!!

LMFAO! We had soooooo much fun! What color do you think would make this f^(%!#* b!tch shut up? GOOD TIMES.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.