Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff I'm home and the preliminary results are in

This topic contains 70 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm resting and my head is spinning. My dr got preliminary results from the pathologist and its one of those good news/bad news situations. Let's get the bad news over first, like ripping off a band-aid.

I have pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer, that has spread to my liver. The good news is that the tumors are very slow growing and can be treated. I have been told I can LIVE a very long ACTIVE life as long as the tumors don't begin to grow.

I saw an oncologist today as well. I LOVE her! Before I begin treatment, which will be a monthly injection, she is presenting my case to the tumor group to see if they agree with our plan. It's basically my second and third opinions. I will have their opinion by next Friday and then we will set a date for me to start treatment.

That's it for now. I'll keep you updated. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. I truly appreciate each and every one of you.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh Kim. I have been sitting here dumbfounded, in front of my computer wondering what to say. I have tears in my eyes.

But you know what… it's wonderful that you love your oncologist because you and she are going to become a team and you're going to MAKE SURE that you DO live a LONG, ACTIVE life. And your swirly sisters are going to be cheering you along the way.

My counsellor says that if we think negatively, then that is what we're going to get and vice versa. So everday, you look at yourself in the mirror and say I have a strong healthy body and it is going to defeat these tumours and envision a healing colour flowing through your body dissolving them. It might sound a little bit crazy but apparently mirror work influences our sub-conscious in a big way and neuroscientists are only beginning to understand how our sub-conscious works and what all it controls. Of course this is in addition to your oncologist's treatment plan and is only my opinion. But hey, it doesn't cost anything and it will help deal with any negative thoughts or anxiety. I have been using it to deal with childhood trauma that resurfaced in my 50's and it has really been helping me alot. I sure hope I'm not over-stepping here … if I am, know that it is with the best of intentions and just ignore me!!

Take care, get lots of rest and think of something affirming every day. I will be praying for you as you recover.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

So sorry the results weren't good Kim. You're a strong woman with a postive attitude. you'll fight a good fight!!!HUMOGOUS HUGS!!!!!!

Kim, sorry that the results weren't better, but it sounds like you have a really good oncologist! It sounds like you have a wonderful, positive attitude and that will help you with your treatments! I will keep you in my prayers!
          {{{{HUGS}}}}

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Oh, Kim. Hugs to you. It sounds like you are getting great care, so that's a huge positive. Keep your chin up- we are all here for you.

so sorry to hear about the results but I agree with Linda. I have seen positive work so well on diseases. So does prayer and I will be praying for you and your family.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Kim I'm very sorry for you and your family because I wish it could have been better news. {{{Hugs}}}. That being said, it also sounds like it could have been much worse, so I am thankful that your prognosis for a long, active life is so positive. We are going through the same thing with my dad and prostate cancer, right down to the monthly injections, and he has had no degeneration over the past three years of treatment; hopefully you will have the same good luck.

So glad you have a good relationship with your oncologist, that is SO important.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Kim, while the results weren't what you were looking for, they could have been worse. It sounds like you are in a pretty good place with this and that is what matters most. I have always admired your resolve and will. You won't be fine, you will be GREAT! This is a bump in the road. Your prognosis is a workable one. THAT is the BEST news. We will be here for you as much as you want us to be. We are all sisters from another mister. 🙂 I love you and am here for you!!! XOXOXOXO

Oh Kim! That is such wrenching news. Sorry to hear about the cancer. I hope that you can indeed be healthy and live well even through treatment!

Sounds like they are upbeat and that is always a good sign!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Thanks ladies. You all have made me cry for the fifty eleventh time today. There will be tears today, but tomorrow will be a new day.

Linda, what wonderful advice. My swirly sisters are never out of line. Everything comes from the heart.

Jackie, so sorry to hear about your dad. It is encouraging to hear his treatment is keeping him healthy. I will use him as inspiration.

Lisa, you are so right, it could have been worse. Today I will have my tears. Tomorrow I with dust off my badonkadonk and do what needs to be done. I may not ever make it in the boxing ring now, but there is plenty of fight in this old girl.

Remember: There's no crying in scrapbooking!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

LOL! My goal book for this year is titled A New Day and it is based on Nina Simone's song Feeling Good. I think you should listen to that song tomorrow as you are putting your game face on.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Kim I am soooo sorry to hear this news. Cancer sucks but can be beaten. Please take care of your Spirit , Mind and Body. Positive outlook positive results.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Kim, you are a strong and amazing woman. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Go ahead and let out all the tears today and we will be standing here waiting & fighting with you during this time. Get some rest also and always stay positive. ((BIG HUGGS))

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

LOL! My goal book for this year is titled A New Day and it is based on Nina Simone's song Feeling Good. I think you should listen to that song tomorrow as you are putting your game face on.

I LOVE Nina Simone. I listen to her music quite often. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kim…Like everyone else, I am so sorry to hear the results. However….knowing you and your wonderful outlook and positive spirit, I know that you are going to be fine. I have never met someone with such a positive and encouraging spirit. Your great attitude will see you through this bump in the road. Like Lisa V. said…we are all here for you. We all have big shoulders for helping you carry this burden until it is lifted. God bless you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.