Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Improving a bad background

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I had these pictures that I didn't want to use due to the awful background in the pics. I tried adding other backgrounds and textures to the photo, but nothing looked like I wanted. So….I happened upon a tutorial that would blur a background using glaussian blur on my CS5. I took the blur to the extreme, but it got rid of all the background stuff that took away from the main subjects…my girls!
    OOPS! I put in the wrong picture. Let me try again. Sorry!!

Now…maybe these are the correct pics.
    [img:width=600&height=530]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333563429_45_FT151642_holly_and_bryn_bad_background_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=530]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333563429_45_FT151642_good_background_tea_time.edit_.jpg[/img]

I'm experiementing now with adding splashes of color to the background before I blur the picture. I'm having a hard time using the Quick Selection tool…it wants to enclose the entire picture. I'm not giving up!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Now that is cool. I have a lot of pictures with bad backgrounds. Your girls are very beautiful. How is your daughter liking her new job?

Thanks so much, Linda. Well….my daughter finally decided to go back to college! YEA!
      She is doing great. She has a 114 average in Anatomy and an A in everything else. She studies all the time…Wish she had discovered studying in high school! !lol

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Debbie your girls are lovely and so is your edit

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh yes, I love using gaussian blur all the time in my PSP program for my photos – it can hid a lot of stuff you don't need to see!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Do they something like this for PSE???

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

That's cool… What kind of program is that?????

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Debbie, that is amazing!!!! What Kathi said, is there something like that in PSE?
                *** Your girls are gorgeous!!!!

*** Where have you been, I've missed you!!!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I know they have gaussian blur in Photo Shop so I would think they have it in PSE.

Debbie, you did a terrific job on the blur!! What a great pic!!

Deb we've missed you around here! Great pic of the girls!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Love this Debbie. Great job, now it's time for me to strat playing again in ps. Yes, we have missed you.

Oh, thanks, Girlies….You know how life is….sometime it takes over our fun time! I've just been so busy with Life that I haven't had time to do what I love.

The only thing that you have to have it the quick selection tool and the blur feature…which PSE has both. I discovered that after you use Quick select and inverse…you can add swishes of color with a soft brush before you blur the background. That gives a lovely background….but I'm having trouble using the Quick Selection tool after I've run an action. I'm still practicing. When I perfect the technique…I'll post! Gotta share ideas with my Sisters!!
                    I'll got and look for the simple tutorial that I used to get started…I'll post it here.

Love that edit! Great job!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.