Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tips, Tricks & Techniques Incorporating Cardboard Tutorial

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

We got a piece of 12X12 Cardboard in our June kit. What are you going to do with it? I have some ideas in my tutorial on some ways you can incorporate cardboard into your projects on the blog today: http://swirlydoos.blogspot.com/2013/06/incorporating-cardboard-into-your.html So, check it out, and if you have a way that you like to use cardboard, tell us on this thread, and post a pic if you can!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Rae, great video! And thanks for the tip about putting the cardboard on it's side before spraying, I never knew about that. I've been peeling it dry because of the warping for like forever.
        Btw, I do like to keep some of the top layer on, no real reason, or maybe it's because of the above.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Awesome video, Rae! I always tear mine dry and it takes forever!! Never thought to spray the whole thing!! BTW..totally love your fancy spray bottle 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Thanks! You know, dh bought that bottle for me from Lowes- it's so fancy and fun!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Rae, great video! And thanks for the tip about putting the cardboard on it's side before spraying, I never knew about that. I've been peeling it dry because of the warping for like forever.
              Btw, I do like to keep some of the top layer on, no real reason, or maybe it's because of the above.

Thank you! That was trial and error about putting the cardboard on the side- the wilting really pisses me off, and this way works, most of the time.

I also like to keep some of the top layer on sometimes. 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Wait…there was cardboard in that video? I was totally distracted by that awesome spray bottle!! LOL

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Hey, go get a fancy little sprayer at Lowes. ;)

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

LOl…that's what you told Ang but I'm on this whole reducing the clutter kick right now…I have one that is functional. I don't NEED a pretty one (but I really really really want one.)

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

You need a pretty one- it looks great in videos. ;)

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Great video Rae and great tip about spraying it with water. This is a layout of my daughter that I did a few years ago using cardboard. I just thought the cardboard kind of went with the photo. This is another photo that my daughter's friend (the aspiring photographer) took for her portfolio.
                        [img:width=600&height=602]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1371323476_1061_FT211005_urbanangel_.jpg[/img]

Awesome tip about the water – would have never thought of that! BTW RAE – the link from the website does not link to here on this thread on the forum.

VERY pretty layout Steph!!!

Great video Rae. – the water bottle is gorgeous.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Steph, that layout is so beautiful!!!!!

Rae, you got that bottle at LOWE's???

LOVE your water bottle Rae!!!!! And I love all the different techniques you showed us!!! Great vid!

Snagg1
                            Send PM

Great video Rae and great tip about spraying it with water. This is a layout of my daughter that I did a few years ago using cardboard. I just thought the cardboard kind of went with the photo. This is another photo that my daughter's friend (the aspiring photographer) took for her portfolio.
                            [url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1371323476_1061_FT211005_urbanangel.jpg][img:width=600&height=602]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1371323476_1061_FT211005_urbanangel_.jpg[/img][/url]

Gorgeous layout Steph! Love that edge frame layering you did!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.