Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Technique & Project Kits Inquiring minds………….want to know….

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

What would you bunch of crazy savages like to see for tutorials??

Any specific products you are wondering about??

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

How about an advance alcohol inks tutorial?

That's a good one QT, and advance distress inks/stains tutorial. I'm struggling with blending colors.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

QT, you read my mind! I have so many of them and I hardly use them.

Also, can you do something with black Gesso? I want to see how it looks and how it is used (ie in which instances you would reach for it).

Layered layouts heavily covered in Gesso (like Finnabair does, I know someone on the Swirlydoos DT has done some beautiful ones, too – maybe Heidi but it's late and I don't remember off the top of my head, sorry!).

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Well Jackie and Regina, I only have the two that came in the dec tech kit. I am very interested in knowing the many ways to use it before I purchase more.

I have about 5 or 6 sets (15 to 18 bottles) that I bought because I saw a tutorial in 2009. I never leaed how to really use them. So they are just sitting in a box with all the other supplies that goes with them. I know, that's just sad…

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Great suggestions so far Ladies!!! I already love my alcohol ink and I can't even imagine how exciting it will be when I actually know how to do more than dye stickers with it…LOL!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Great suggestions so far Ladies!!! I already love my alcohol ink and I can't even imagine how exciting it will be when I actually know how to do more than dye stickers with it…LOL!!

I'm with you – I have 26 colors – I thought that it would be great to have a bunch of colors on hand so I could spray white flowers and change them to a color that would work with the current layout I was working on. Well….I've only used a couple of colors and ended up buying almost every Prima flower out there instead – would love to see what else I could actually do with the alcohol inks!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

How about a mixed media canvas tutorial for those who are not afraid to get their hands dirty… I know we had the canvas for January. I would like to see a tutorial from a blank canvas where u have to create your own background.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Great suggestions especially alcohol inks and distress stains and canvas. I've just got my first pad of TH Kraft Glassine. I wasn't expecting it to be so dark. So would be grateful for any ideas.

wonderful suggestions!! ;D alcohol ink i think is one of those things we have to have but never use. lol.

the canvas is a great idea. i created a layout using the sticky back canvas. (i was just playing around so its not too special) but i love the look of it. i just stuck it to some chipboard. and got dirty. lol! super fun.

Jennie….i have had some ideas for the Glassine paper. that stuff is so cool!

keep the suggestions coming!! ;D

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

GREAT IDEAS……ladies!! I am soooo into the canvas thing!!! some spritz, gesso, paint, molding paste…….oh the yummmieness of it all!!!

and like Tiffany said…….keep the ideas coming!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I just told Amber that I need tuts on everything. If I havne't seen it, I can't do it! I have no creativity in my body. I would like to have a tut on Timmy's new distress pens.
                      See….I told you….I don't know what to do if someone doesn't show me! If I couldn't scraplift, I couldn't scrap!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

What about something using stamping and markers (copic or Timmy's) since a lot of us are buying them.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I would love tut's on copics and Timmy's markers. I have a lot of copics but rarely use them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.