Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Is It Just Me or…

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I have been noticing a lot of typos in newspapers, magazines, and even books these days. I read a lot and it's been pretty rare to see typos in books but I have seen them. Well I just finished a book on Sunday night and there were at least 5 typos in it. Who the hell is editing things these days?

Honestly? It's people who are too dependent on technology for grammar and spellcheck, as they are too lazy to proof-read themselves. And yes, it's getting worse!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

WOW!! YES!!!! I thought it was just the books I was reading!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I could never be an editor – I'm the worst for typos, LOL.

It is pure laziness, relying on the software to catch any typos. Twilight is the worst edited book I have ever read! I wanted to take a red marker through it like my 8th grade English teacher!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

This is sooooooo flipping true. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is noticing this either. Dh thinks that I am such a snob about this, but it makes me question how reliable a newspaper is if they can't take the time to make sure the grammar and spelling are correct. I didn't get a degree in English for nothing! And, books are the WORST these days! I once read a book where the author clearly renamed a character at some point, and they didn't take the time to find every place that his name was. I thought I was going nuts and started the book over so I could figure out who the f*(% Gary was.

LOL!!! OMG that is crazy!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

WTH?! And these people get paid for this? The biggest typo I've noticed is the use of the proper word…e.g. There, their, and they're. Or too, to, and two. It's my biggest pet peeve. I think in 30 years we will see a lot of society almost ceasing to function because sub-par has become acceptable and allowed. We teach to the slowest child in the class and celebrate mediocrity and those who are more intelligent are choosing to not reproduce…or only have 1 child while those who are uneducated and of lower intelligence have as many as 21 children!! (I'm not referring to the Dugger's…this is actually and reference from where I work)

No…I really have nothing to say about this ;)

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Yeah I've noticed that too and it's so annoying!

It is everywhere, but especially online. I am not sure if the articles even get read by an editor or if they just skip right to the posting/publishing phase.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Gud two no im knot krazee. ;p

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

You are crazy Patty, but this isn't the reason why!! :P

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

LOL

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

hahahaha…I no rt?!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

You are crazy Patty, but this isn't the reason why!! :P

:p

I've been noticing it for a long, long time now.
                        My peeve is the misplaced apostrophe's. <— like that.

I actually like spell check. I was never a terrific speller because I don't do phonics well. But for Pete's (<— that one is correct) sake, lea your homonyms and your grammar!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.