Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Is your favorite

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

lo always the last one you made? It seems to be that way for me lately.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Seems to be that way for me most of the time. I have been going my older ones and trying to put them in albums and even though I loved them at the time I did them I am rather over them now.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Come to think of it…..yes…..

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

No, but usually a recent one is a fave. I went thru all my SBs the other day and reorganized – they were a mess. I still like some of my very old simple, the other style pages. And then there are some that I think I don't ever want to see!!! And there are some pages with heritage pictures and I will rescrap the pictures as when I scrapped them there wasn't much on the market for vintage styling. At least that I was aware of. Now there is soooo much wonderful vintage stuff, these photos deserve more than what they have!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I think that's sign you are progressing as a scrappy artist…. and enjoying it….. if your fav is always the most recent…..

Which means I guess I'm not…. because I have some favs of mine from way back….

I like to look back and see how far I've improved but there have been a couple of recent LO's that are not my favs

No, I have some past favs.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Ditto, there are some past ones that I still love to look at, and sometimes I get sooooo mad at the one that I'm working on, kwim?

What an interesting question.

No. Not always my favs. I guess it depends on what type of LO I am doing. I honestly do not enjoy making overly feminine LOs. Love looking at other people's but I do not enjoy making them for myself.

When I do not enjoy making the page, I usually do not love the page.

When I start dabbling down the feminine I usually have to balance the emotion with a more masculine LO or one that feels androgynous to me. That's the one I tend to love more.

I have some that I have done in the past that are favs that I have given away.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

No for me too…I love some of my old ones…but my top 10 are definately in the last few months 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

For me, it depends on the picture too. Some pictures have so many memories to me, that It can be on a very simple design and I will call it my favorite. Yes, I always like to see the progress that I have made and always love at least one newly created layout.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I would have to say no although like that I am not so restricted now as I was in the past because of lack of supplies. I still love my 8.5×11. Most of them are simple with emphasis on pictures &/ot joualing. I do love all my old heritage pages. I think they are my favorite to do.

For me, it depends on the picture too. Some pictures have so many memories to me, that It can be on a very simple design and I will call it my favorite. Yes, I always like to see the progress that I have made and always love at least one newly created layout.

Ditto…..I like most all the ones I've done since joining Swirlydoos. I used to think I was an artist….but boy, how my art changed. The owner of the last LSS came over a few months ago and commented….Oh, you've gone into 3-D scrapping now. I'm thinking that's a good thing !lol

3D scrapping. Interesting. I would have to say I like to have dimension, texture, etc on my pages now. Not just flat, cookie cutter stuff.

I still have some older ones that I love and have had hanging on my walls for months. but, I just took almost all of them down so I could hang just about everything that I made with the Retro Tapestry kit. That is what got me to wondering. Maybe the bright colors are just really cheerful during this cold winter.

Now that is a great point Jan, about the bright colors. I am having a ball with this kit because of the colors that I typically would not pick. This kit is pushing me through winter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.