Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff It's a few months away yet, but I'm so excited…..

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Me, my DD and both of parents are going to take a train to DC at the end of August to see the Smithsonian and some other sites. My DH isn't going because large crowds make his anxiety go through the roof. This may be the only vacation (besides weekend camping) that my DD gets to take with my parents. My Dad isn't unhealthy, but he has had his fair share of problems. He is such a HUGE history buff. You can throw out a date in history pertaining to any of the wars and especially American history and he can tell you what was going on. I got my love of history from him and I hope my DD picks up some of it too!

First, I've never been on a passenger train. I've been on a few subways but that is it (small-town country girl here). We will be laying-over in Penn Station and catching our next train to Union Station. I'm so excited to see the architecture of both of these places.

Second, outside of the incredible things we are going to see, is that Robin Shakoor is going to meet up with us and spend a day with me and the family!! She lives an hour outside of DC. I'm sooooo excited to finally meet her! I know it is a few months away and things can change, but right now I am just so excited. We chat a few times a week and I am so grateful for her guidance and support. I hope everything works out so that we can meet in person!

Any tips for traveling by train?

Sounds awesome! I was telling my honey last night that we need to do a train ride somewhere. Have fun and, of course, take lots of pictures!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

ooo that will be fun fun Lisa:) and to meet a buddy even better:) tips for the train…get some Gravol (motion sickness pills) I th ink you guys calls it something else in the states lol……but ya get that just in case 🙂

Snagg1
          Send PM

ooo that will be fun fun Lisa:) and to meet a buddy even better:) tips for the train…get some Gravol (motion sickness pills) I th ink you guys calls it something else in the states lol……but ya get that just in case 🙂

Really? Ugh, I get car sick if I don't drive….grrr. I also don't want to sleep through the trip. Do they have non-drowsy stuff? Oh, and stuff for kids?

ooohhh!
          a double whammy of things I love.
          I love traveling by trains (none of us have ever had motion sickness on them)
          and Washington DC is just a fantastic place to visit. So much to see & do.
          Have a blast!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Oh, Lisa, what fun!!!!! I don't know Union Station, but Penn is gorgeous!!!!
            And the Smithsonian is one of the places that I could stay in for days!!!! (You may want to visit their Air & Space, too.)
            And hooking up with Robin, OMG, how wonderful is that!!!!
            This is going to be one fantastic trip, enjoy!!!!!!

DH and I took the auto-train to DC from FL many, many moons ago didn't have any motion problems.

Air & Space is wonderful, my DH is a retired engineer from the Space Center so he could have spent the entire trip in just that one museum

DC in the summer can be brutal as far as temptures go!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Sounds wonderful, Lisa! I've always wanted to go to DC and the Smithsonian. You guys are going to have a wonderful time!

Sounds like an awesome trip, Lisa! Have a great time!

Traveling by train is fun! I hope you have fun touring in my fair city.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Traveling by train is fun! I hope you have fun touring in my fair city.

Are coming with Robin?

Mechlazine….or something like that …..is the motion sickness med you take on a cruise. It works.

And….I am truly jealous! Sounds like so much fun!!!!

I love taking the train. Tis sounds like a really cool way to take a trip. Amtrak trains can be COLD!!!!

I checked it out, and there is an Amtrak going from San Antonio to places north….like Chicago and NY. Sounds like fun!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

im not a good traveller I always get car sick, sea sick lol you name it lmao…..I drug myself up 🙂 weeeeeeeee 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.