Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff It's a sad day

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

When you have to defend your opinion to another American about Bin Laden. I was told since I'm relieved that he's dead, that it was 'disturbing' for me to think that way, and that I was no better than he was for doing so..and maybe I'm a racist…REALLY!!!!???????????

I'm all for speaking your mind and discussing issues on hand…but my gosh..really..I'm dumbfounded. :?

I'm going to the CAKE thread now so I can cheer up. But maybe I should keep that to myself or I'll be considered a pervert too. :p

Cake is always good.. Even the one here!! (yeah I found that thread last night!!!)

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

OMG Denise, how peculiar THAT person must be!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Well….all I can say is that the person who said that to you is definitely in the minority in the U.S. The man was a murderer and a demon. As far as I can tell, he had absolutely no redeeming qualities. His only goal in life was to harm others. The world is a better place without him in it. I just wish I could let those Navy Seals know how much I appreciate what they have done. Let that person talk to the relatives of the 9-11 victims. They might put him/her straight in a heart beat. Now….go have another piece of CAKE!

Denise, I saw your fb post about this and was going to chime in. Apparently this person has not been personally affected in any way by this man and his actions. You have a right to your opinion and this person has no right to judge you for it.

being happy he's dead has nothing to do with his race.

if you made comments regarding his religion, or his interpretation of his religion, that may be racist. but to be relieved, and happy, that someone who caused the world so much suffering is now gone, that's not racist.

i assume you're the latter.

Snagg1
        Send PM

All I can say is thank goodness we live in a place where we can express our opinions; different though they they may be.

Denise, I think Shell said it well…. and who is this man to judge you? Hugs…and enjoy that cake….maybe I will enjoy some cake too 🙂

All I can say is thank goodness we live in a place where we can express our opinions; different though they they may be.

Exactly what I was trying to say to her. I know there are people who think that is was wrong for us to go after him..and that's fine. That's the way they feel, and I would never judge them for that, or say they weren't American for thinking so. They have every right to their feelings and opinions, as do I.

She asked me what I thought…and all I said was I'm so relieved. That's it….my thought was for the ones lost, the families who lost loved ones..and then she went off on me. Seriously threw me for loop since this person knows I don't hate. I don't judge. Judging is for God..not me.

Relief is one thing, joy is another. I cannot take joy in his death, but I am relieved for the families of those lost on 9/11. At least they know that the man behind that tragic day is gone forever, no longer the face of terrorism around the world. The fatwa he declared is over, we have won.

However, there are many who will now clamor to take his place as the new leader of Al-Queda's reign of terror across the globe. But, Osama targeted Americans specifically and I am hopeful that the new face of the middle east are young Egyptians and others who cry out and demand fair treatment and democracy.

Snagg1
          Send PM

[quote]

Exactly what I was trying to say to her. I know there are people who think that is was wrong for us to go after him..and that's fine. That's the way they feel, and I would never judge them for that, or say they weren't American for thinking so. They have every right to their feelings and opinions, as do I.

She asked me what I thought…and all I said was I'm so relieved. That's it….my thought was for the ones lost, the families who lost loved ones..and then she went off on me. Seriously threw me for loop since this person knows I don't hate. I don't judge. Judging is for God..not me.
          [/quote]

Well said!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Well….all I can say is that the person who said that to you is definitely in the minority in the U.S. The man was a murderer and a demon. As far as I can tell, he had absolutely no redeeming qualities. His only goal in life was to harm others. The world is a better place without him in it. I just wish I could let those Navy Seals know how much I appreciate what they have done. Let that person talk to the relatives of the 9-11 victims. They might put him/her straight in a heart beat. Now….go have another piece of CAKE!

Well said Debbie!!

Relief is one thing, joy is another. I cannot take joy in his death, but I am relieved for the families of those lost on 9/11. At least they know that the man behind that tragic day is gone forever, no longer the face of terrorism around the world. The fatwa he declared is over, we have won.

However, there are many who will now clamor to take his place as the new leader of Al-Queda's reign of terror across the globe. But, Osama targeted Americans specifically and I am hopeful that the new face of the middle east are young Egyptians and others who cry out and demand fair treatment and democracy.

DITTO!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Ditto Manda.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Manda, you've said it perfectly!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.