Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Introduce Yourself! It's Official, I am a NEWBIE!

This topic contains 33 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hi to all of you Swirlydoo super talented gals!
      I am Kelly C. from Rolling Prairie, Indiana for those of you unfamiliar with the state, I am in the upper northwest coer of the state, sort of by the southeaste tip of Lake Michigan. Surrounded by farm country about halfway between the University of Notre Dame (in South Bend, IN) and not quite to the big city hustle & bustle of Chicago, IL.
      I am married to the love of my life, Andy going on 23 years. Together we have two awesome sons, Maverick 15, a freshman in high school (who just got signed up for driver's training, OMW!) and Tyler our 20 year old who will be graduating with his Associate Degree in Business Management in May from Purdue Univeristy (North Central). Oh, we also have a four legged daughter, Sadie Emma, an almost human yellow labrador who is, quite frankly, the best dog ever! As a family we love the outdoors, traveling, four wheeling, camping, canoeing, getting muddy, bicycling, hunting, hiking, fishing, and the like. I enjoy taking pictures, cooking & entertaining, but laundry…it is my evil nemesis! I work full-time out of the home too.
      So I have been actively stalking this amazing forum, gallery and website for a little over a month. I have been reading away in the forums & blog getting to know the site, being inspired by the tutorials and postings of all of you extremely talented scrappers, crafters & card makers! I have been a scrap booker for quite some time but the talent and technique I have seen on these pages has BLOWN ME AWAY! I am anxious to lea from all of you & increase the artfulness (is that even a word?) of my future pages and maybe even getting involved in some of the contest or challenges.
      I am also looking very forward to getting a crafty group of on-line friends with very similar addictions, such as stalking the UPS guy, fondling the new kit when it arrives, and WTH is this CAKE thread I have been lurking into? !lol I am really going to like this place, I can already tell….

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Welcome to Swirlydoos, Kelly! You are going to love it here!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Hi Kelly welcome to the group, I'm still new here myself and I love it and I know you will too!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Welcome, Kelly. Join the challenges. Definitely join the challenges! I have been here a little over six months and cannot believe all I have leaed and how much I have evolved as a scrapper during that time, and a lot of it is from participating in the challenges. It keeps me motivated and gives me something new to work on whenever I reach the end of a project (I get overwhelmed at the idea of where to start when it's time for a new layout). So glad you've chosen to join us and can't wait to get to know you better!

yes you will love he kits and the CAKE too 🙂

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Welcome Kelly. You gonna love the kits and the forum and the the CAKE will blow you off the chair 🙂

Welcome Kelly. This is one place you can do a challenge and have your cake too.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Hi Kelly! You are gonna fit in just fine! LOL The first time I saw the cake thread I thought it was recipes. I opened up the thread with my young daughter and about died! LOL

I work a full time job out of the home and we love to camp as well! Just upgraded our 5th wheel this year and can't wait to take her out!

Welcome to Swirlydoos!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Welcome Kelly! You sound like a true Savage already! LOL.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Kelly, I wanted to tell you that Sdoos is the best Kit Club and that the Savages have the best forums around, but it looks like you discovered that already, right down to enjoying a slice or two of CAKE!!!!!!
                  Nonetheless, I do want to welcome you to our coer of the scrappy world and to encourage you to take part in the challenges (like Jackie said, that's how so many of us leaed and are still leaing).
                  So, welcome to Swirlydoos, it sounds like you have a ton of scrappy opportunities, & I really am looking forward to seeing lots of you and your work!!!!

Welcome!!

Nothing wrong with a little CAKE now and then…..

Please join challenges and such, it is the best way to get to know everyone! 🙂

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Kelly, a girl as got to have her CAKE

Welcome to our coer of the scrappy world!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Welcome to swirlydoos, sounds like you are a busy lady…..

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Thanks for the wonderful welcome you guys!
                        I feel like I am starting to get to know you each already!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Welcome Kelly – you're going to love it here – so much fun & creativity. Just be careful on add on day – LOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.