Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Scrap Clinic Its ugly…I don't think there is hope for this one

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Guys, I started working on design with my April kit and it is just ugly. The more I work on it, the uglier it gets. I'm so frustrated. Do I just toss it or can somebody save it? Beware, it's gross. I want to be good like you guys!!!!
      [img:width=600&height=1064]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1366067376_2690_FT0_2013-04-15_18-00-44_708_1_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

What do you find ugly? I think with a little more mixed media and embellishing it will tu out really cool. What was your initial vision?

Snagg1
          Send PM

Hi Saleta! It is not ugly at all. I like what you have so far–you need to keep rolling with it! Lay some flowers and maybe a word or two around your pic and then come back and have another look at it in a bit. I'm sure you will get other suggestions! You are a Swirly Savage! 🙂

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Bring your photo closer to your swirl to Make it flow a bit better and embellish the ever livin batooties out of it. When u think u have enough…add 3 more pieces!!!

P.s. I think it's a gorgeous start. I told you in the other thread I was positive it wasn't ugly. ;)

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

The in between paper is white with fuzzy edges. I can't find green flowers to match. So Im trying white but thats not working either. So I tried to paint some flowers I had with a twinkling h20 green. Green paint got on my white background. I don't think you can see that in the picture. I tried to cover it up but it just smeared. Anyway, I just painted all the white with the green. I hate it. I put strips of lace down the middle, around the picture and even around to cover the ugly green. I like it down the middle the best. If I could just do something to hide that ugly green I think I'll be okay. I think I will try hiding it with another paper. What do y'all think about that?

Well, first off it is NOT ugly and secondly we all make paint mistakes that need to be covered. I say go for white flowers and accent the rest with a variety of shades of green (leaves, chipboard, tinted lace etc – whatever your style).

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I thiink it is beautiful..Cover the green you don't like with more of how you did the swirl. Any color of flower would look pretty and pick up the green with the leaves as Vicky says. Pretty pic and frame! I think you are off to a great start…the edges are beautiful too!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I think it looks fantastic! Once you start layering it'll come together!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thanks for the suggestions and the compliments. Y'all are too nice. I will work on it some more and show y'all what I come up with. I refuse to give up!!! 🙂

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Saleta that's the spirit! I don't think it's ugly at all. I think you've got a great start here and all of the ladies suggestions would look great. Once you start adding your embellishments and flowers you'll see how it will come together.

Can't wait to see it when you are all done, Saleta! I think it is going to be fantastic!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Actually you can see the bit of green in the pic and it's so soft and pretty. Try going with Vicky's idea…varying shades of green.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Okay, I'm much happier with this. Y'all we're right. Once I started adding embellishments, it started to come together. Thanks, everybody!
                          [img:width=600&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1366155724_2690_FT205396_tia1769302932_3_.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
                            Send PM

Saleta you did great! Love all your bling!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.