Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges JAN SGC "Moment 2011" *****We Have Our Winners***** see first page

This topic contains 92 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
  • Author

Thanks to everyone who participated in this challenge, every single LO was gorgeous!!

This was a really close call, but the winner by majority vote is: TRACEY!!
    And our random winner, pulled name out of a hat goes to JACKIE 1st LO!

Big Congratulations to both of you!!
    Please email me your addey's so I can send you both an awesome RAK!

Okay ladies, please PM me your top 3. Thanks so much to all of you for making this such a wonderful challenge. All LO's are gorgeous!
    Remember, even if you didn't submit a LO you can still vote! Thanks!!

I'm not sure why I had such a difficult time this time around coming up with an idea. I didn't want to make it too complicated or difficult considering there are so many other rockin' challenges to choose from. So here it goes..

My challenge for this month is to scrap your favorite moment/picture from 2011. On with the old and in with the new! But..before we move on to the 'NEW' lets scrap our favorite pic from last year! For example, catching that perfect silly face, family trip or gathering, kids being kids, fur babies getting into mischief, pretty much anything goes.

Extra Point***
    Since the Holidays are finally over, I want to see what ya'll got for Xmas! If you use something new that you got over the holiday's and make sure to notate it on your description I will give you an extra point. Example, in my LO I used some punches that I bought on sale at M's, although some of you probably have them they were NEW to me. So come on, show us what you got!

THE RULES:

– Must be 60% or more Swirly Stuff

– You may submit more than one layout

– Layout must be new for this challenge

– Please post here in the forum as well as in the Gallery. Title must include “JAN SGC Moment” under the SGC Challenges Album.

– Please have your layouts uploaded to the appropriate gallery by midnight MST Jan 31st.

– Voting will begin Feb 1st thru Feb 4th and will be announced by Feb 5th. Please PM me your top 3 favorites and please do not vote for yourself, you will get a point for just voting.

I will be providing 2 RAKS. One RAK for the LO with the most votes and another RAK from a random drawing.

The following is my example:

It is a picture of DH and I, posing in the rocky mountains on our way to our only mini vacation we were able to take last year. The pic didn't come out too great, but this is my favorite moment from 2011. With scheduling, work and school we were finally able to spend some quality and peaceful time together.
    The papers are from The Romantique Spotlight Kit I bought here at the Swirly Store..gorgeous papers! I distressed and inked the edges of the paper. The large flower is from ZVA we received in one of our kits and the flower cluster included flowers from recollections and also a prima vine from the cinderella collection that I also bought from the swirly store a while back. I did a little stamping with embossing powders I got at Lindy's Stamp Gang, luv them!! All the punching comes from new punches I bought during the holidays, on sale..yippee!

Here are the entries so far:

Connie*

Jackie*

[img:width=600&height=580]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1326176643_876_FT133124_miss_arts_lasting_impressions_.jpg[/img]

2nd LO for Jackie*

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1327469963_876_FT133124_swirlydoos_sgc_moment_2011-2_sm_.jpg[/img]

Tracey*

[img:width=600&height=598]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1326675859_563_FT133124_believein_miraclesswirly_.jpg[/img]

Shell*

[img:width=600&height=586]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1326756337_35_FT133124_img_4957-_.jpg[/img]

Cheryl*

[img:width=600&height=593]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1327361549_17_FT133124_sgc_moment_2011_.jpg[/img]

Peggy

Niesia

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1328049037_658_FT133124_moment_to_remember_2011_650x650_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh Lil' Mimi I love this challenge! Great idea. Your layout is just stunning with all of the distressing and stamping. Very pretty and inspiring!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Gorgeous layout and a fun challenge. This month is extremely busy for me but i hope i get to do this challenge.

Another great challenge – love it and love the example. You can count me in…

Snagg1
          Send PM

What a great idea for a challenge and a BEAUTIFUL example page!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

great challenge!!

Thanks ladies, I was seriously hoping not to disappoint!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Oh no, I have to sort through a whole year of moments? J/k – I guess Colby being bo better be my top moment. Can't wait to play along, just have to get my writing desk kit done (no room for UFOs here!).

Jackie..I'm still working on my writing desk! Haha! It's definitely a sitting UFO in my scrappy room!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Great challenge Erica and I love your layout. It will be fun looking back at the memories, although I already know which one was my favorite! I'm adding it to my list of things I want to accomplish this month. (Yes, I actually did sit down a make a list!!)

Great challenge, Erica! Love your example LO!

Great challlenge and love all the punchwork on your lo.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Great layout, Erica! Cool challenge too!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Great challenge Erica!! And a beautiful layout!!

another great challenge, and totally do-able!!! great LO!
                    now, to paw threw my years pics……..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.