Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Jan. SGC – ONE WORD – WINNERS ANNOUNCED- see first post

This topic contains 58 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

We have our winners!
    After counting the votes, our first winner is: Niesia!
    From the Random Draw, our winner is: Jackie!

Congratualtions! Please PM me your addresses so I can send you your RAK! I want to thank everyone for playing!

What is January like where you live? For this challenge, use a one word title that describes what January is like where you live. This doesn’t have to just describe the weather. It can be a word that describes what makes January unique where you live. Use a picture (or pictures) that show us what January is like. These could be scenic or photos of an activity you enjoy participating in during January. For the twist: Use more than one photo and include a tag. Have fun! Can’t wait to see what January looks like where you are! 🙂

Rules:
    Must use at least 60% Swirlydoos stuff.
    Post your LO here and in the Gallery
    Label it SGC-One Word
    Post LO by Midnight January 31.
    Voting will be from Feb 1 – 4.

Finally! Here is my sample LO! If I were to use one word to describe January in the Sandhills, that word would be…Frosty! No matter what the temperature or the weather outside, Jerry still has to go feed the cattle. And it seems like the only days he needs me to go help, are the days when it is really cold and nasty! These photos represent some of the days I went with him and remembered to take the camera. 1. A beautiful early moing shot of a frosty moing, right before we left to feed. 2. Hungry cattle. 3. Loading hay bales. 4. (This is my favorite!) There are always a few that come right up to Jerry to get their foreheads scratched and a little extra cake! He always carries a little in his coat pocket!

normal_Frosty.jpg

Jackie *
    1326749298_876_FT133183_swirlydoos_jan_2012_sgc_one_word_.jpg

Linda *
    1327374629_550_FT133183_006bb_.jpg

Peggy
    1328023470_36_FT133183_cold.jpg

Shell*
    1328043004_35_FT133183_img_7938-1.jpg

Niesia
    1328047216_658_FT133183_rainy_650x650_.jpg

Erica
    1328067985_535_FT133183_cheryls_sgc.jpg

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

What a fun idea! I can hardly wait to see what everyone comes up with ;)

Ooooh Cheryl, this sounds great!
      My wheels are tuing as I type!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I can't wait to dive back into the challenges. December was such a blur I didn't get much done. Thinking, thinking…

Snagg1
          Send PM

How about 2 words..snow and cold. LOL. J/k. Sounds like an awesome challenge.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Fun challenge! My birthday was this month, didn't get any pics, but maybe I could do some CAKE!!!!!

Oh Yeah! Cake would be great!

O.K. ladies! I finally got my sample LO in the first post of this thread! Sorry to be so slow!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Love this challenge Cheryl. It will be fun leaing about everyone's little coer of the world! I love your layout and I leaed something today. Who knew cows were friendly!! Love the picture of your husband scratching their heads!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Love the example Cheryl!!

hehe – i was thinking Wet or Dreary….ooooo now i have some ideas – back to doing challenges!!! one of my many resolutions!!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

[quote]

hehe – i was thinking Wet or Dreary….ooooo now i have some ideas – back to doing challenges!!! one of my many resolutions!!!!
                  [/quote]

Those are our two seasons, Rain and Roadwork, aren't they?

Cheryl – fantastic LO! It is stunning.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

[quote] How about 2 words..snow and cold. LOL. J/k. Sounds like an awesome challenge.

hehe – i was thinking Wet or Dreary….ooooo now i have some ideas – back to doing challenges!!! one of my many resolutions!!!! [/quote]

LOL!  I'm glad I was able to help!  Can't wait to see more of your pages.  They are soooo pretty!!!

Robin there should be some good cake available in LV. I can think of lots of one words to describe where you live.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Gorgeous example!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.