Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges January 2014 SGC Challenge……One Word — WINNER

This topic contains 124 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I think everyone of these gorgeous works of art is a winner. Voting would prove this since it was very close…..but one did edge out in the voting. Many Congrats to
      Andi – Hope

[img:width=600&height=594]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1389732469_572_FT227593_hope2014web_.jpg[/img]

Happy New Year my fellow Swirlies. I sincerely hope 2014 brings wonderful surprises and blessings to all of you.

I am honored to kick off the SGC Challenges for 2014. My theme is ONE WORD. Perhaps you have heard of the idea to rather than make New Year Resolutions, pick one word for the year to focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as you go about your daily life. Well I am trying that this year. In the process of thinking about this I decided that ONE WORD would be my challenge here.

Now I don't expect you to pick a word for your year (unless you want to), but I do want to see a project from you where the focus is one word. One word that means something to you. It could be anything – your family name, a nickname, a catch word you are always saying….whatever.

Your project can be anything layout, art joual page, canvas, altered art, or any other project you can think of. NOTE: I am giving one extra point/vote if you do something other than a layout.

It can include pictures or not, joualing or not, but it must include your ONE WORD. I also hope if you are comfortable doing so that you will share with us the story behind your word.

Challenge is open to all and will remain open through midnight CST January 31, 2014. After that time I will be taking votes for a winner to whom I will then send out a RAK.

My one word for 2014 is BELIEVE. I chose this word because I have been noticing a lot on cynicism creeping into my thought pattes and I want to put a halt to that and get back to believing in possibilities and positive outcomes. To help me in my focus I created a canvas to hang on the wall that will remind me everyday when I look at it what my focus is.

Now what is your word…..get to work and have some fun with it I can not wait to see what you come up with.
      [img:width=600&height=597]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1388591546_40_FT0_believe2.jpg[/img]

And now for gorgeous works of Art created by our entrants.

Erin – Peace
      Peacecrossfullpicture_zpsf7dcf98d.jpg

Barbara – Drift
      as
      [img:width=600&height=735]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1390084249_40_FT227593_barbara.jpg[/img]

Andi – Hope

[img:width=600&height=594]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1389732469_572_FT227593_hope2014web_.jpg[/img]

Tracey – Love

[img:width=495&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1389975018_563_FT227593_lovebbsous500.jpg[/img]
      [/quote]

Peggy – Positive

[img:width=292&height=593]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1391034809_36_FT227593_positive.jpg[/img]
      [/quote]

Ginger – Fifteen

[img:width=480&height=480]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1391109289_2715_FT227593_fifteen.jpg[/img]

Patty – Broncos

[img:width=500&height=480]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1391208255_2593_FT227593_photo_2_1_500x480.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Wow, what an awesome idea!!! I can't wait to think of my word Sherri, In fact I am trying to think of it right now. Feels good to be thinking of positive words!

Love your example, very cool!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Fabulous challenge, and stunning example, Sherri!!!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Your example is very beautiful Sherri–love that dreamy feel.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Great challenge Sherri and I love your pretty canvas!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I have my word. 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I have my word. 🙂

Awesome, can't wait to see your visual representation. ;D

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I have my word too!!! Been thinking about words all day! Can't wait to see what yours is Rae!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I can't wait to see your, Barbara! I have a bunch of stuff to do before I get to this, but I am hoping to get to it soon. 🙂

I am going to try different challenges this year. So when is this one due by?? I have a few words to choose from for different reasons, but will decide on one soon, I hope soon. !dodge

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I am going to try different challenges this year. So when is this one due by?? I have a few words to choose from for different reasons, but will decide on one soon, I hope soon. !dodge

Great Ginger, would love to have you join. Deadline is midnight CST January 31.

Yipee. I'm in.

I'm in, if I can think of a word.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I'm in, if I can think of a word.

Thinking of a word probably isn't a problem, but picking just one certainly can be. !lol

Seriously, hope you can, would love to see what you come up with.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Beautiful page and what a perfect word you chose!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.