Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges January 2015 SGC WE HAVE A WINNER! Check first post

This topic contains 101 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Hi ladies! Happy New Year to you all πŸ™‚ I am hosting the first SGC of the year and my first time hosting ever !amazed Hopefully I'll get this right, if I'm not quite on track, please let me know πŸ™‚

My challenge for you is a layout about your First Love πŸ™‚ One might think a person right away, but that may not be the case. I want you to dig back into your memories, was it really a person, or was it your blanket, or doll? Maybe a most loved shirt that you had to wear over and over and made your mama crazy! Of course it can also be a person or pet as well that made you feel safe and happy.

I'd also like to stay along the lines of why we got into scrapping to begin with, that being the story behind the why we scrapped about it, so here are the rules –

1. A lo about your First Love
      2. Joualing please πŸ™‚ Somewhere on your lo tell your story. Not just two sentences, but at least a paragraph be it hidden or front and center telling us about it.
      3. Please enter more than once if you'd like. We can have more than one first love from when we're children, be it animate or inanimate πŸ™‚ !heart
      4. Post in the fb gallery here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1536789769892421&type=1 and of course in this thread.
      5. We'll do a vote, and I will give a prize to the winner πŸ™‚

I haven't gotten my lo done yet, but will have it done today, tomorrow the latest. The holidays set me back some and I haven't even done my thank you cards yet, haven't scrapped at all since before Christmas !shy That said, I hope you all have fun reminiscing and creating something about what touched your heart so very much.

This is my lo. Yes it is dedicated to roast beef, no laughing :p When I was a wee bit of a girl, it was my most favorite meal. Growing up we really didn't have all that much money so roast beef and steak was a real rare treat. But not for grandma. She would make it for me quite a bit. I called it ro beef πŸ™‚ My joualing says –

Yes it's true, I loved roast beef! I would say to my mom Ro beef mom! My grandma would make me roast beef and it was so good. My grandpa would take the Italian bread and dip it in the bloody juices. We call it boonzy. One would think pasta for this Italian girl, but nope. I love my roast beef and potatoes.

I used the Vintage Love kit along with some chippies from my stash, old book pages and that kraft colored webbing was from some packaging I got and hubby said it would make good scrappy stuff. He was right. I did some stamping of pocket watches it's quite faint layered behind the matting.

AND THE WINNER IS –

JAN!!! !lol Jan if you could pm me your addie for your prize πŸ™‚ Congrats to you and thank you for playing everyone πŸ™‚

1421710036_5_FT254941_linus.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/calclan/cabf2c0f-5f45-4dfc-8ad3-a2e7f1c0bd25_zps14f6d8a6.jpg?1420272347499&1420272348835[/img]

Peggy –

Maggi –

I%2Blove%2Bdogs.jpg

Kathi –

Ginny –

1421400715_2865_FT254941_dsc_0002_11.jpg

Manda –

1421621207_39_FT254941_2-dsc_0270_.jpg

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Awesome challenge, Paula!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Thank you Rae I hope everyone has fun with this πŸ™‚

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Great challenge Paula!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I already have an idea, IF I can find the pic I am thinking of.

Great challenge =) I know what my first love was. ItΒ΄s also my first memory from my childhood ;). IΒ΄ll be back =D

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

ooo LOVE this challenge – I'll be back with something soon πŸ™‚
                I'm with you Paula, I haven't scrapped since before Christmas either and I'm itching to do so!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Paula, I LOVE this!!!!

I've picked my subject, now let me figure how to scrap her.
                  Her? Yes, it's definitely going to be a her!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Here's my lo and I need help because I don't know how to get it in the first post with edit B) I'll add my joualing into the first post.

[img:width=600&height=609]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1420249379_2893_FT254941_image_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I think I can help you, Paula. Whenever you want to add a photo to a post, type this:

in between the] and the [, put the url in. πŸ™‚

Cool layout, by the way!

love your layout!

Love this layout, Paula! Great challenge, I will have to think about this πŸ™‚

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Awesome challenge Paula and I love your LO and yay for joualing!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Thank you much ladies!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Love the layout Paula, I'm like you I love my roast & steaks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.