This topic contains 55 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Let the Party begin!!!

We will start with weeks 1 **** ONLY theme, and for today I choose STAMPING ONLY.

We all know that in stamping there are many MANY techniques and we will go through them all, but not on 1 day. lol

Today we will just use some of the techniques, and if there are any questions at all, THIS is the place to ask.

If you haven't the supplies that are being used for a specific technique,

*****Don't walk away!!*****

We are going to lea to think *outside the box*
    There are so many amazing talented ladies on here, that WE WILL come up with a
    solution for you, to still try that technique.

There will be a lot of TIPS & TRICKS along the way, so you might want to scribble these down in an Art Joual.

GET READY to be CREATIVE!!!!!

Today is a bit different then the rest of the Card Adventure will be, as I will post the assignment and a tutorial in one place. As of next week, I'll post 2 threads (1- tutorial 1- assignment)

The assignment is…….
    Make a card using: * the resist technique
    * masking or partual stamping
    * creative background

Post your beauties right here, for all of us to see, and yes please do post in the card gallery too, so that we all can spread some love.

Here is my sample card:

xoxo.jpg

As you see there's a lot of stamping. Or maybe you don't see it, but the tutorial will make that CLEAR. Here we go……….

1-6.jpg

I cut 2 canvas hearts.

2-7.jpg

One a little bigger than the other.

3-7.jpg

For the smallest heart: I covered it with a teared paper towel.(masking)

4-7.jpg

Then stamped with Archival (black) my script stamp.

5-7.jpg

Why did I take Archival??? because it is a permanent ink, so I could easily color over it, without my stamped script, being smeared all over.

6-7.jpg

For the biggest heart:
    I inked it up with Fired Brick Distress ink. Swiped the pad right over it. Then I spritzed it with water. The ink, beautifully blended into the canvas. I also did this step for the smallest heart, after I stamped my script stamp.

res1.jpg

For the scalloped dotted paper… (resist technique) I used my Glitz Distress stamp

res2.jpg

Stamped with clear embossing ink onto a white piece of cardstock. Covered it with white embossing powder and heatset it.

res3.jpg

Took my Distress ink (gathered twigs and vintage photo) and inked the piece of cardstock. Gave it a little spritz of water and blothed my dots nice and white.

res4.jpg

Then I cut around the edges of the dots, creating my scallops.

res5.jpg

When you don't have clear embossing ink and the embossing powder, you still can get this same look, by stamping with Gesso or acrylic paint. (Both when dried will resist color) Let it dry or heatset it and ink it up, the same way I described above.

When you don't have this stamp, you can use bubble wrap or… left overs from your (foam) Thickers Alpha. Just take the dots and place them onto your acrylic stamping block, and you are ready to go.

7-7.jpg

So far, I have these stamped and colored images. Onto making my background.

8-7.jpg

I took another piece of white cardstock 7×3

9-7.jpg

added faded jeans and bundle sage distress ink, spritzed it with pearlized water and heat set it.

10-7.jpg

I took some strips from an old book. Ruffled it and glued it at the back of my background. I added the scalloped strip with a tiny bit of glue. Put the hearts together and gave it a stitch lenghtwise.
    (I did some machine stitching, but this can be done by hand too)

11-7.jpg

For the cardbase:
    I folded a piece of white cardstock double (ended up with 7.5 x 3.5) and wanted a cool background. So I wrapped some twine around my coockie roller like you see in this picture.

12-5.jpg

Inked it up with Archival ink (coffee and black)

13-5.jpg

Very gently rolled it over my card base. Heat set it.

14-4.jpg

I added 2 shades of green (bundle sage and peeled paint) to the top and bottom of my cardbase.

15-3.jpg

Glued the piece with the hearts to the base of the card, and selected some embellies.

16-4.jpg

I added my embellies and also some diamond dust glitterglas (using glossy accents)

some close up's:

17-4.jpg

On the bottom I glued 2 buttons onto eachother and placed them into the tag-frame

18-4.jpg

I found this cute little bow in my stash and glued it in the center of the hearts.

19-4.jpg

glued some lace and pearl strand at the top of this card. On the little tab on the side,
    I added xoxo using stickers.

20-4.jpg

This little dangling heart was inked with archival ink (coffee) and is hanging from a swivel clasp.

******************************************************************************

I hope that this tutorial gave you some inspiration and I am really REALLY looking forward to see
    your entry. I think we ALL are looking forward to see eachothers entries.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Wow! That is AMAZING!!!!! I hope I have a chance to play!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

My gosh, Paulien!!! You are amazing!! Where do you come up for these ideas!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Wow that's absolutely fantastic Paulien – thank you for such a detailed tutorial and some fantastic new ideas. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow!

Ahhh Thank you sweeties!

Well yes Jennie, please do… I can't wait to see your card.

Remember girls… this does not mean that you have to do the same topic. You can totally adjust it to your liking.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Paulien, that is beautiful!!!!!
            I'm off tomorrow, so I know I'm going to play!!!!

I can't wait to see your card Peggy!!!!

OK so I get the the resist technique & masking or partual stamping…
            What I'm not sure about is the creative background is that to our discretion how we do that or does it have to be the rolling pin technique that you demonstrated?

You are free to create your own, but I would love to see a background created with your COOL home made stamp (in my case, the twine one)

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Gorgeous card Paulien.. Can't wait to play

got it!! I'm working on it now. I hope it is OK I used a stamped and colored image… Did the partial masking there and I will have the other techniques on the layers of my card… should work right? LOL! Thanks for the inspiration! Hopefully I'll have it done before I start by next round at work tomorrow! Or esle I won't get back into my craftroom before next Monday! I hate having to work for a living!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Gorgeous card, Paulien, and so detailed. Both my sister's and BFF's birthdays are coming up so I'd better get cracking on some cards.

Does the challenge run from Tuesday to the following Monday?

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

PPPPPAAAAAAUUUUUULLLLLIEN!! YOU SOOOOOOOOOO ROCK girl!!! I soooo wanna play along!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thanks you guys!!!!

Joelle, Fine by me!!!

Jackie, No… the fun part is…(I am very flexible..lol)
                  That the end date for entering is… Hold your breath…

TOMORROW….

Got ya, didn't I?

No girls, the last day for entering, will be in 5 weeks.
                  Yes you read that right. 5 weeks. The exact date will be march 6th.

Next week we will have a new challenge, which will be Hues or monogramatic (don't know yet) the last entering day for that one will be march 13th and so on.
                  Oh and…. hihi… I had the privelege (sp) to see the sketch Beggahuna especially made for us, for the 3rd week, and wow……. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

he hee Lynne…. You make me laugh!!
                  Yes please!!!!! Can't wait to see all your cards!!!

Okay, cool! I can do some cards while my mojo takes a vacation. Maybe it will help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.