Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges January Sketch Challenge – Delicate *WINNER POSTED*

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  anniescraps 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

We hope you will join us for the January sketch challenge! Our January sketch challenge runs until March 15th and is open to EVERYONE! Upload your layout into the Facebook Gallery *Delicate* Sketch section of the Swirlydoos Gallery and you will be entered to win a fantastic prize pack from Swirlydoos!

Check this sketch challenge thread often to see what the designers and other members have created using this sketch for inspiration!

Here is the sketch:

Here is some inspiration from the DT:

Jan

Bec

Ginny

Kim

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by droopidog droopidog.
      • This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by droopidog droopidog.
      • This topic was modified 5 months ago by droopidog droopidog.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I can’t wait to get started on this sketch….it’s so gorgeous

Peggy
        Peggy
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Me too Bec!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Merrihew
          Merrihew
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Beautiful sketch!

StephD
            StephD
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Wow that sketch is beautiful!

anniescraps
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Gorgeous sketch!

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for Spring! Since it’s only January, I guess we’ll have to make do with this layout, featuring my DGD in April, 2015.

I’ve taken advantage of the colors and pattern of the Gossamer Blue 04 to start my Spring layout. Because I was going to do some heavy stenciling, I first gave the paper a thin coat of clear gesso to cut down on the warping. (It won’t prevent it completely, but it does make a big difference.) When both sides were absolutely dry, I applied Ranger Grit Paste through one of my favorite stencils (Natural Flourish by Art Stamps) and let it set for a few hours.
                  The photo was matted with plain white cardstock and then a layer of light blue, with packing in between each layer to give it a lot of dimension. I knew that I wanted to tuck bits of embellishments underneath, so I taped only the center of my bottom layer to the paper.
                  Next, I selected a piece of ephemera from the sheet that came with the kit; I cut it out, inked the sides, and cut it in half down the middle. I arranged the halves next to my photo, turning the bottom piece upside down to use the border edge.
                  From the kit, I used one of the Kaisercraft blooms, as well as some of the Lemoncraft flair buttons and a bit of the Lemoncraft trim.
                  The rest of my flowers (and the scattering of pearls) are from my stash. The vines were cut from a
                  The metal butterfly – treated with a light coating of Vintaj Patina – is an EBay find.
                  There was still a bit of gap in my mind, so I did a bit more rummaging through my embellishment and came up with this resin birdhouse that I’ve been er, saving and that was the perfect way to finish off my cluster.

StephD
                  StephD
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Oh Peggy this is beautiful and the paper is perfect more the photo it picks up the color in Sophia’s top. I love that flourish stencil and the flower cluster!

Merrihew
                    Merrihew
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

This is a gorgeous LO, Peggy! I love the beautiful flowers and the stenciling looks amazing! It all perfectly showcases this adorable photo of your dgd!

msjan1
                      msjan1
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Love it, Pegs. So bright and cheerful. That stenciling is perfect and love your flower cluster.

Mamadonald
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

My entry for the sketch challenge…a photo of my gd. Kim, I am loving your sketches!!

Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                          Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

I love the gorgeous colors and your amazing mixed media background!!!!
                            (And I agree about the sketches!!!!)

msjan1
                            msjan1
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Beautiful page, Donna. Great background and love your flowers and chippy.

Bec
                              Bec
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Amazing layout Peggy, you’ve matched the papers and embellishments perfectly with that adorable photo.

Donna this layout is stunning, your background is amazing. Plus i love your flower clusters

Merrihew
                                Merrihew
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Beautiful LO, Donna! Your mixed media background is amazing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.