Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Jessica Ridgeway

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm sure many (if not most) of you have heard about our missing little girl here in Colorado. Jessica Ridgeway was abducted on Friday, October 5th on her way to school. more than 800 members of our community have been out walking in lines trying to find some trace of this beautiful girl… hundreds of law enforcement officers, FBI and other officials have been combing through the community with a fine tooth comb looking for this beautiful girl. Life seemed to have stopped here – as Jessica became everyone's little girl.  This hit me particularly hard, maybe because my little one looks a lot like her… is 8 years old.. they even have the same glasses. Whatever it was that drew me in, I don't know – I just know that I was crushed… positively CRUSHED when I saw this little girl's mommy begging for her safe retu, and knowing the liklihood of that was not good.

/?

A few days ago, a body was found in a field 7 miles from where Jessica was taken. That body was so terribly mutilated and dismembered that police officials could not ID the victim using any form of physical identification. The head was missing, we assume the hands (fingers) were missing, and for whatever reason – they were unable to distinguish if the victim was male or female. After days of DNA specific testing, it was discovered this afteoon that the body was in fact that of our missing ten year old little girl – Jessica Ridgeway.

I can't begin to even express the crushing blow that it was to get the confirmation of what we all already knew. I cannot imagine how her parents are coping right now. I know that when the news came down, that she had been positively Identified – I RAN RAN RAN to where my own little girl was, I scooped her up, squeezed her so hard that she actually squeaked – and I did not let her go. I feel like I am the luckiest mom in the world right now – because I can hold my baby in my arms. Jessica's mommy cannot.

A fund has been set up for to help with funeral costs, and to help the family while they try to deal with this monstrous, devastating, horrifying ordeal. Swirlydoos has donated $100.00 and I want to issue a challenge to you too – To donate whatever amount you are comfortable donating. This family is living every one of our worst nightmares…. Lets help them NOT have to worry about paying the electric bill on top of it.

If you are able to give anything at all – please click the link to go to the Jessica Ridgeway donation page - 

PayPal

If the button doesn't work, you can donate on Jessica's webpage here - http://www.jessicaridgeway.com/

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Aw, Krissy… this just brought me to tears. There are such horrible monsters in this world. I am so sorry for your community's loss. If a donation will bring any kind of help to them, I will gladly make one!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

The donate button isn't working for some reason. It just says to go back to the page I came from.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Okay, try this Linda, it will take you directly to Jessica's website

http://www.jessicaridgeway.com/

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

This is so horrific, why in the world are there monsters that can do these kinds of things. My heart cries for her parents and your community.

This just tus my stomach and brings me to tears. It sends shivers up my spine and a big lump in my throat. I can't even imagine what the parents are going through. My heart goes out to her family.

I have no words, I can only cry.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I heard this on the news and it is just so terrible, I can't even begin to imagine what her family is going through. There is a special place in Hell for people who do things like this to children. I hope they catch whoever did this soon!

The scariest thing in the world that could EVER happen….There are no words for what I feel about this…No words.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

sad, grief and mad as hell is the words that come to me. My heart goes out to the family.

I just heard this on the news and I was telling Kelly how devastating it must be for her parents. WHO would do such a horrible thing? I hope they catch the sicko who would hurt such an innocent child that way. Terrible.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

It is truly awful. Ever since she went missing, you can feel a difference here. Driving my kids to and from school this week has been different. There are no kids walking alone, and the parking lot is much more filled with cars. There have been NO kids playing outside, which is very strange in my neighborhood- the sidewalks are usually filled with kids playing and riding bikes after school.
                    There are way more good people in the world than there are bad or troubled, but it sure doesn't feel that way right now.
                    I always hear older people talk about how kids spend too much time indoors and playing video games, and that somehow equates to them being lazy or spoiled. But the truth is, that they are safe inside. We just don't live in a world that's as safe as it used to be.

Read the news online last night and just cried. As a parent, particularly of a daughter, I just can't imagine how devastating this is.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

So very, very sad that there are such monsters out there.
                      The parents of this poor little girl are in my prayers, as is the victim of this horrible crime.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

My heartaches…there's no words!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.