Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Joy with the pain….

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I subbed on Thursday in my 4th grade classroom….felt just like home!!! But, at lunch recess, the kids were kicking up dirt and it got under my contact. No problem, right? I cleaned the contact as soon as we came in. By 2:30, my eye was really scratchy. I went to the doctor and got a new pair of contacts. By 3:30, the contact was out and thrown away. By 6 p.m. my eye was blood red and very sensitive to light. My DD got me in to see an opthamologist Friday moing early….thank goodness she had connections! I have an ulcerated coea!
    Oh, the pain and light sensitivity! After spending the day and night in a very dark room…no TV, no lights, and eyedrops….I'm better. Much better.
    Yesterday I had to go to M to get a pair of reading specs. They were having a pet rescue at Petsmart. I had to stop in….and asked about any Cavalier King Charles Spaniels???
    They had a baby boy from a puppy mill. Well….he's now got a wonderful home and I saved a life! Don't have the perfect name yet. He was so traumatized yesterday. He slept by me last night, and I petted him all night long. He's so sweet and loving, and he's now my shadow. You can tell that he was abused or just totally neglected. I think he was a gift from my Wills.
    Even having an eye injury can tu out to have a good ending.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm so sorry about your eye..hope it heals quickly

Glad you saved that poor puppy!!

Thanks Kathi! I'm such a ninny! The entire time my eye was throbbing, I just worried that I wouldn't be able to see to scrap on Friday…..not that I might lose my sight….just that I couldn't scrap!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Aw, glad you have a new friend, Debbie! Hope your eye heals quickly.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Hope your eye heals quickly – can't wait to see pics of your new baby.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Oh Debbie, I'm so, so, so thrilled for you! It was definitely meant to be. Cavaliers are soooo hard to find. If I ever saw one at Petsmart I'd have to snatch one up too no matter what! I do think Wills sent you a little buddy that obviously needs you more than you need him. Wonderful news!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Debbie, you should post a picture of the new baby! There is truly nothing cuter than a Cavalier puppy. I'm so jealous. Give him a big ole kiss from me (I adore puppy breath).

Debbie, you should post a picture of the new baby! There is truly nothing cuter than a Cavalier puppy. I'm so jealous. Give him a big ole kiss from me (I adore puppy breath).

I guess I have to back track a bit…..my baby is 2 years old. But, he is just a baby to me. He's getting aclimated to his new home quite fast to be a rescue. He's at my feet at my scrappy table. Just the same spot that Wills used to be. I think I'm going to name him Kirby….I started to name him Trey…the third Cavie that I've had….but my DD and I know a bad seed by the name of Trey. That ruined that name! LOL!

Snagg1
                Send PM

I hope your eye heals quickly. Congrats on ther new puppy.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I actually rescued a 2 year old Cocker Spaniel so my little princess, Harlow, would have a boyfriend. Grayson, is literally now the light of my life. He definitely appreciates me way more than Miss spoiled Queen Bee. So even though Kirby doesn't have puppy breath he's still a keeper! That's so neat that he already won't leave your side and he sits in the same spot as Wills. Something about rescues, they just melt my heart. I think they have a sixth sense and know when we save them.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I like the name Kirby!!!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Debbie, OMG, about your eye, I'm so glad that the damage was not permanent. (Of course you worried more about scrapping, perfectly understandable, lol!!)
                      And what a wonderful ending for you and for Kirby. (Love that name!!!)

I actually rescued a 2 year old Cocker Spaniel so my little princess, Harlow, would have a boyfriend. Grayson, is literally now the light of my life. He definitely appreciates me way more than Miss spoiled Queen Bee. So even though Kirby doesn't have puppy breath he's still a keeper! That's so neat that he already won't leave your side and he sits in the same spot as Wills. Something about rescues, they just melt my heart. I think they have a sixth sense and know when we save them.

Amber….you are soooo right about that sixth sense in a rescue pup. He is different from my other chiflada (spoiled) babies. You can just see it in his eyes that he's been through a lot and is happy to be safe. I think that he has been hit by his previous owners because if I go to pet him, he dodges. That's a sure sign of abuse in children and pets. I'm working on that reflex to extingush that fear of being struck. He really is the sweetest pup. When Wills died, I called a lady in a nearby town that raised Cavies. She had a male she would sell me for $1200. Come to find out, Kirby is from that breeder. Evidentially, she is not what she claims on the inteet. I'm glad to have him and he's glad to have us. Pictures soon….

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Hope your eye gets better soon, glad you can scrap with your new baby.

Debbie, sorry to hear about your eye! Hope it feels better soon! Can't wait to see pictures of Kirby!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.