This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hello ladies!!!
    I'm sorry I'm not much on the forum, but I'm away from home, celebrating summer vacation with my family.
    I did however, created this tutorial for you, cause I loved my last found technique,
    *making your own, Tattered Doily Stamp*
    I do not have a photo tutorial for the doily stamp, but I wrote a step by step instruction.

Here are the steps to create your doily stamp!

Get a paper doily out on your craftsheet and ink it up with clear embossing ink. Place your inked doily on a scrap of paper and cover it with embossing powder. heatset it. I used white, but you can also use clear or black embossing powder. Do NOT use Distress embossing powder or UTEE for this step, cause they will fade your image.
    Repeat the above step for the back of your doily. It will help against the curling.

Basicly what you have done, is sealing your doily between 2 layers of melted embossing powder. your stamp is ready to use.
    I inked my doily again with clear ink and placed it (the inked side down) on my background. I hold it in place with one finger and gently rubbed over it with my other fingers. Make sure you rubbed every part of your doily. (or not if you want a distressed look. totally up to you)
    Take off the doily-stamp and cover your image with embossing powder, (If you see some embossing powder, where it shouldn't be, take a small brush and remove it carefully.) tapp of the excess, heatset it and there you have it!

To clean up my home-made doily stamp, I took a damp cloth.

Here's the card I made for today

10550.jpg

and this is how I did it:

1-19.jpg

I stamped my doily using clear embossing ink and covered it up with white embossing powder. Heat set it.

2-18.jpg

Then I took my Prima Marketing mask and layed it over my card. I took my clear embossing inkpad and
    pressed all over my mask. (Make sure you get it inked up well) Covered it with white embossing powder and heat set it.

3-18.jpg

I made 3 puddles of distress ink mixed with water. (I used weathered wood – tumbled glass – stormy sky)

4-18.jpg

I brushed on my lightest color first (tumbled glass)

5-16.jpg

Then added my other 2 colors and I heat dried it.

6-17.jpg

I made a puddle of Iridescent medium mixed with water and I brushed it over my card. heat dry it.

7-16.jpg

8-16.jpg

look at all that shimmer it gives you. Of course you can take a glimmermist for this step too.

9-16.jpg

I layed out my embellies

10550.jpg

and here's my finished card and some close up's!

11550.jpg

12550.jpg

13550.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

the rules for this challenge will be: Make a card or tag with

* your own doily stamp

* Use a mask or masking technique

* color your background with Distress inks.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Snagg1
      Send PM

Gorgeous Paulien. I may have to try this.

Another gorgeous card, Paulien. Thanks for the tutorial!

Beautiful!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

That card is fantastic !!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Fabulous, as always! LOVE THIS ONE!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Beautiful card, and great technique. Thanks Paulien and enjoy your vacation.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Gorgeous card!!

oh you genius!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Omg… Gorgeous and I love the technique

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

MY goodness, Paulien!! You're so dang creative!! I love the doily stamp idea!!!!! Gonna have to try this!!! Thanks for sharing!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

MY goodness, Paulien!! You're so dang creative!! I love the doily stamp idea!!!!! Gonna have to try this!!! Thanks for sharing!

I know – I would have never thought of that either!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Paulien this card is so pretty, what a cool idea!

What a great idea! Can't wait to give this a try!

Paulien you have done a wonderful job.Another gorgeous card. I am glad that you share this tutorial with us.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.