Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW July – Laces and fibers and trims OH MY!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ok ladies…what is your favorite method of using trim/lace/fibers on you LO's or altered projects?

Do you even HAVE a favorite? If not list at least 3 ways you like to use trim. Pictures are ALWAYS welcome;)

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I love to use lace to layer. I love to use fibers on bindings of books and to make bows and dangly thingies on my pages. For me it all just depends on the type of fabric and the feeling of the piece that I'm making.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I like it on anything from homemade Christmas oaments, layouts to… well anywhere. Adore lace!!!

Snagg1
          Send PM

I like to use it randomly on layouts–bits and bobs here and there or a random strip across the page. Camouflaged sometimes.

I don't have trims or laces. I love the shabby-chic look, but I don't like the way it looks when I make it lol.
          Fibers I will use on everything. Even if it looks out of place. Because then I just tu it into yet another mosh-posh piece that I seem to do every time.

I'm not any where near as talented as I've seen from you all, however, I've only been at this type of art for around 10 months. I've always done up-cycled type art.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I always tend to forget that I have a drawer full of lace and trim so I don't use it as often as I could. I do like to add lace to cards and layouts when I remember, lol.

I don't have trims or laces. I love the shabby-chic look, but I don't like the way it looks when I make it lol.
            Fibers I will use on everything. Even if it looks out of place. Because then I just tu it into yet another mosh-posh piece that I seem to do every time.

I'm not any where near as talented as I've seen from you all, however, I've only been at this type of art for around 10 months. I've always done up-cycled type art.

Please let us enable you onto the path of laces and trims, LOL – they are glorious texture 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I love to use laces and trims on pages and altered art pieces…They are great for layering and adding some interesting texture.
              Here are a couple of pages from the past that I used trims, but in the future I would like to use them in more ways than straight lines:

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oops here's a pic…I made the files small but I can't get more than one jpg at a time???

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Geez I can't even post one…and it is the same size as in the gallery. Well I tried LOL!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'll try it this way…Didn't work so I give up

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Ok this has been bothering me to not be able to post an image…so I am going to try this one last time:

[img:width=600&height=520]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1373163756_360_FT212687_angel_004_800x600_640x555_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Oh Deb I love the feathers and the lace!

Snagg1
                            Send PM

Beautiful Shayla!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.