Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges July SGC ~~~ Hot and Sultry ~~~ And We Have a Winner!!!!!!

This topic contains 151 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

And the winner (picked with the help of Random.org) is KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do know where you live 🙂 and I'll be sending out a package tomorrow!!!!!

Congratulations to Kim, and thanks to all of you who shared some of your CAKE fantasies through your fantastic layouts!!!!!!!

And that's it. Happy Summer, Happy Scrapping and let me see some Hot & Sultry CAKE!!!!!!!

[img:width=592&height=597]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1372695637_36_FT0_delight.jpg[/img]

Well, of course, I've chosen Johnny for my example. Are you surprised?
      I broke down and used the Base Coat pp that came in the June kit as my background paper. I used the additional sheet that came with the add-on for a bit of layering: a to piece on top of the cardboard and a border strip that I fussy cut and inked. The bricks are made from Ferro and my Prima mask. When almost dry, I sprinkled on some Vintage Photo embossing powder and set it with my heat gun. Then I went over the bricks in spots with the Ranger Emboss-It dabber and applied Stampendous embossing enamel.
      The circle was made from the Tuppence paper from the kit and my newly acquired after trying Kim's MS circle punch. I took a Kaisercraft wood swirl that I may have owned forever, painted it with black gesso and stamped it with a background stamp using the chalk fluid edger that was part of the Embellishment Add-On.
      The flowers are from this month's Flower Add-On, the zipper pull from an earlier kit.
      The wood Prima ticket and the (hard to see, sorry) wood clock that I broke in half and tucked under the flowers are from my stash.

Yummy CAKE from the Savages:

Manda
      [img:width=595&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1373845683_39_FT212387_dsc_0001-002.jpg[/img]

Andie
      [img:width=600&height=588]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374434803_572_FT212387_drwho_.jpg[/img]

Barbara (Pala)
      [img:width=600&height=595]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1375130756_996_FT212387_larry_tux_35mm_.jpg[/img]

Kim
      [img:width=600&height=602]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1375144298_131_FT212387_july_scg_.jpg[/img]

Kim
      [img:width=600&height=601]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1375198610_131_FT212387_img_1521_.jpg[/img]

Monica
      [img:width=596&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1375248327_774_FT212387_the_doctor_-_swirlydoos_challenge_aug_2013.jpg[/img]

Patty
      [img:width=600&height=599]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1375311311_2593_FT212387_img_1034_500x499.jpg[/img]

YES!!! This will get me back in da mood!! 🙂 LOVE that layout of Johnny!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

GREAT idea for a challenge Peggy, except you STOLE my man!! LOL What you did with those bricks is SO awesome, I wish I could see them IRL. They look incredible. LOVE that border strip and also love how you pulled the chippy and the die cut together with the background stamping. LOVE it! (So you really like the MS circle punch eh? Is is a MUST HAVE accessory that I need to add to my LONG list?) Wonderful layout!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Are we all going to do layouts of Johnny???? LOL

I am. ;)

What a fun challenge! I will have to try and figure out what Hot, Sultry CAKE I should choose! Looks like Johnny is taken! LOL! Love your example LO! The bricks are awesome!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Now that would be fun…this would now be my favorite thread.

Yes.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

[quote]

Now that would be fun…this would now be my favorite thread.
              [/quote]
              Um, NO!!! There is more CAKE out there than Johnny.

Indeed! That is why we can do one than layout! :p

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

LOL at all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Awesome example Peggy, love the MS punch!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

GREAT idea for a challenge Peggy, except you STOLE my man!! LOL What you did with those bricks is SO awesome, I wish I could see them IRL. They look incredible. LOVE that border strip and also love how you pulled the chippy and the die cut together with the background stamping. LOVE it! (So you really like the MS circle punch eh? Is is a MUST HAVE accessory that I need to add to my LONG list?) Wonderful layout!

Linda, really, that punch is awesome; it cuts anywhere from 6 – 12 inches and the results are flawless!!!! Just remember to bring your 40% coupon with you. Like all Martha punches, it's pretty pricey.

And thanks all for your kind words. Seriously, the Ferro is amazing. I forgot to mention that I used the Golden Orange for this.

Awesome challenge. Hope I can get time to enter – this month is crazy time for me. Johnny just doesn't do it for me – sorry to you devoted fans!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Great challenge Peggy! I know there is enough cake to go around–just have to find the right flavor!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.