Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges June SGC – Ceremony

This topic contains 95 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by GinnyH GinnyH 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    lindapekrul
    lindapekrul
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

photo Shannon_zpsg00ptm1h.jpg
      Shannon

photo Debbie_zpskna75nnl.jpg
      Debbie #1

photo Debbie2_zpsdarvlkpj.jpg
      Debbie #2

photo Debbie3_zps5txzqghl.jpg
      Debbie #3

June is a month of ceremony…. The wedding season begins in earnest and graduation ceremonies, dance, and music recitals are in abundance. Thinking about this gave me my theme for this month’s challenge. It will revolve around the word “Ceremony”.

Share with us, the ceremonies that you are currently celebrating or have celebrated in the past.
      Your project can be a layout, a card, something altered …. Whatever you like.

If you would like a mood board to help you get going, here is the one that my future DIL is using for her upcoming wedding, and I LOVE it.

photo Mood Board cropped_zpsb18yc1qc.jpg

Many years ago, when I was 11, I picked up this tea cup and said to my mom “This is the china pattern I want when I get married.” So I think you can see why I love Liana’s color theme so much!!

photo 9910124RoyalAlbertOldCountryRosesTeacup2_zpsqkla98fp.jpg

My son’s wedding is in August and I have ALL KINDS of things I want to make for it, so throughout this month, as I get things made, I will share them here. Besides scrappy projects, I am also working on a quilted wall hanging for a gift, so wish me luck… I have a lot on my plate!!

The deadline for this challenge will be June 30th. Please post your entries here, as well as in our Facebook Swirly Gallery here.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by lindapekrul lindapekrul.
      lindapekrul
      lindapekrul
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Ladies, you’ll have to have patience with me. I’m working on the opening post to explain the challenge this month… just have to figure out how to include photos in the post, etc. I’m missing the “preview” window! LOL.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by lindapekrul lindapekrul.
        Shannon
        Shannon
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

My oldest daughter graduates this Friday and I wanted to include my favorite photos of her in her cap & gown! She will be attending the University of Houston in the fall and I am thrilled she wants to spend her first year of college living at home.

June Ceremony

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Shannon Shannon.
          • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Shannon Shannon.
          Willea
          Willea
          Swirly Moderator
            Send PM

Shannon – such a gorgeous page! Love those photos and all the blooms!

Willea
            Willea
            Swirly Moderator
              Send PM

Linda – that moodboard is just fantastic!

Merrihew
              Merrihew
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Fantastic challenge, Linda! Sounds like you have a lot of projects to keep you busy until the wedding! Love the mood board!

Wow, Shannon! You are fast! Your LO is fabulous! Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation!

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Nice challenge!

Good luck with all of your projects.

Paulien
                  Paulien
                  Swirly Moderator
                    Send PM

Wow Shannon…. you are fast! And your page is Beautiful! Congratulations on your DD Graduation.

StephD
                    StephD
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Beautiful layout Shannon!

Maggi43
                      Maggi43
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

That is a gorgeous mood board Linda. I love the colors she chose, it will be a gorgeous wedding for sure!!

Shannon, you are FAST girl! What a pretty LO and pretty dd, she looks alot like you!

lindapekrul
                        lindapekrul
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

My oldest daughter graduates this Friday and I wanted to include my favorite photos of her in her cap & gown! She will be attending the University of Houston in the fall and I am thrilled she wants to spend her first year of college living at home.

June Ceremony

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-378434″ style=”display: none;”>Shannon</span>Quote

Way to get the challenge off to a thundering start Shannon! What a wonderful layout celebrating your daughter! I love the daughter quote … so appropriate for this moment in time for a daughter and a mother. Beautiful flowers and embellies as well!!

Debbie
                          Debbie
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Shannon love the colors on this LO and the placement and use of embellishments

Peggy
                            Peggy
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Love this challenge, Linda!!!
                              Your colors are stunning!!!!

Shannon, I love the pics of your beautiful daughter and the wonderful way that you’re celebrating her graduation with all of the gorgeous flowers and swirls!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
                              msjan1
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

OOOOO! I’ve got the perfect pics for this! Thank you for the cool challenge!

Debbie
                                Debbie
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Grandchild #10 Kindergarten Graduation

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Debbie Debbie.
                                  Attachments:
                                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.