Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges June SGC – Friendship

This topic contains 254 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 256 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

WINNER: Cheryl RUNNERUP: Barbara

Here are the beautiful layouts that have been entered for the challenge so far:

Steph

Barbara

[img:width=600&height=608]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1372277630_996_FT209960_bridge_.jpg[/img]

Vicky

Peggy

Lynn's gift

[img:width=600&height=431]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1372425930_2634_FT209960_jackies_40th_present_.jpg[/img]

Lynn's card

Cheryl

[img:width=600&height=608]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1372639940_17_FT209960_sgc_friendship_.jpg[/img]

Hi everyone! I’m so happy to be hosting the Swirly Girls Challenge this month!

Here's my inspiration layout to get you started:

Mychallenge_zps253b8320.jpg

With all the happy chatter going on in the threads about getting together for Camp Swirlydoos and Andie’s Swirly Getaway, I started thinking about all the fun everyone is going to have and the celebration of friendship. So this month’s theme is: Friendship. You can make a layout, a card, an OTP… it’s up to you!

Twists: For extra points add: 1) 4 Layers of paper 2) Chipboard 3) Punching

But I don’t want to stop with just completing a project this month, I’d like to try having an online “Camp”. Let’s get to know each other better and have some fun, just like we do when we go to crops and camps! Each week, I’ll have a theme, and as you’re working on your project, you can join in and share with us. Every time you share something, you will ea a point. Share as often, or as little as you like, on every topic.

Week 1: (June 2-8) We all know each other fairly well from the forums, but let’s lea more. Share something about where you live, your family, your pets, your work, activities you like to do aside from scrapping, etc. Pictures would be a wonderful bonus!

Week 2: (June 9 – 15) What makes you smile? We are all blessed everyday with things that make us smile, no matter what trials or tribulations we are going through. Share things that make you smile … even if it’s through tears.

Week 3: (June 16 – 22) Jokes! Any scrap or quilting retreat that I’ve ever gone to has been filled with laughter and fun, so we MUST have jokes or funny cartoons this week.

Week 4: (June 23 – 30) Oh no, “camp” is almost over. We all have to leave having leaed something new … share a new technique that you’re anxious to try, a wonderful tutorial that you’ve seen, something that you’ve “pinned” that is totally cool, or something that you’ve made that you’re very proud of.

10 Bonus points: If you live close to another Swirly Sister (or two), and you get together sometime during this month – post a picture!!

At the end of the month, I will tally up everyone’s points. Each one will be like a raffle ticket, and they will all go into a random draw. The more “tickets” you have, the better chance you have of winning!

The prize will be goodies from my craftroom: masks, lace, bling, stamps, etc. I will post a picture in a couple of days.

RULES:
      1) Because we also want to make NEW friends at “Camp”, Krissy has given me permission to allow non-members to play along also! You don’t have to use kits for this challenge – use what you have on hand and as you get to know us, you might decide you’d like to try out some of the beautiful kits Krissy puts together and join in on some of the other awesome challenges! (Of course the Swirly Girls will want to use their Swirly stuff because it is just SO gorgeous!)
      2) Your projects need to be posted by midnight, June 30th. MST. Please post them in the Gallery (label it June SGC), as well as on this thread. (I will make sure that all projects are also shown on the first page of the thread.)
      3) This challenge can be entered into other challenges.
      4) Share your enjoyment of your friends’ projects with us all by leaving your comments in the gallery. Comments on the thread are nice too!
      5) If you have friends that you want to bring along to “Camp”, now is the time. Invite them by word of mouth, on your blogs, facebook, etc.

So that’s it, if you have any problems with the gallery, or questions about “Camp”, just let me know.
      I’m working on a layout today for “inspiration” and will post it as soon as it’s finished!
      I’m really looking forward to this month of “Camp” and hope you all have a lot of fun with it!!

After looking around in my craftroom, I found a few things that I have duplicates of. (It's a long story…LOL) So here is the RAK I have put together for the winner. (The paper pad is the 8×8 size.) Good luck everyone!

028a_zps427605bb.jpg

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Wow, Linda! This is great! 🙂

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Yes, how fun, what a fabulous idea Linda!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

What a great challenge and idea Linda. Can't wait to get started.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

So, to start things off, I thought I'd share that one of the other things in my life that I love to do is garden. I belong to the local gardening club, where I create a monthly newsletter for them. I find tips, pictures, and articles that I think they would be interested in.

Last month when I told them how I had become infatuated with Fairy Gardens and was going to make one, they asked me to display one at our Springfest booth and then show them how to make one at June's meeting. So that's what I've been doing this week – getting prepared for the June meeting.

However, I had so much FUN with these gardens, that I didn't stop at one, but went on to make three! LOL. The first one I made, I was thinking of having for my granddaughter to enjoy when she comes visiting:

[img:width=499&height=619]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1370196874_550_FT209960_001a.jpg[/img]

And then as I said, it was so much fun, I decided my grandson needed a Dragon's Den:

[img:width=542&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1370197012_550_FT209960_008a.jpg[/img]

There are a couple in our Garden Club that live in a senior's home and don't have a lot of room, so I made this one for them:

[img:width=499&height=619]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1370197076_550_FT209960_004a.jpg[/img]

These are all for outside, so I made them with durable materials and plastic figurines from the toy store, but now my scrappy mind is whirling and I think it would be fun to create a paper edition for inside! Hmmm. Perhaps the next rainy day!!

Great challenge, Linda!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

What a super awesome challenge Linda! You have put so much work into all of this…how fantastic!! Can't wait to get started.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Lovely, Linda! We have an amazing nursery here and I went there a few weeks ago- they have many fairy gardens and a great selection of cute things and planters- I'm wanting to do these too!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Linda, how beautiful…my husband and I grow gourds and make fairy houses…can 't wait to show you! We have trees on our property that my husband has put little doors on…like a hobbit house…will take some pics tomorrow…

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Rae, I would so love to see some in person. The nurseries up here are just starting to take notice of the interest in Fairy Gardens. They are starting to stock some supplies, but they don't have any gardens on display.

Barbara, that is so cool. I can't wait to see them! They sound wonderful!!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

I am slowly catching up here in the forums–this sounds like so much fun and I can't wait to see all the great stuff I know will be posted!

I love love love this challenge idea Linda. OK for my first share… aside from scrapping (which is a huge part of my life now), I really enjoy Bellydancing (started 5 years ago) and recently Hot Yoga too. I decided that after focusing so much on the kids for the past decade, it's time to take a bit of selfish time for myself. So I go to yoga 2 nights a week and dance once a week. Since I don't perform (just do it for me), here is a picture of my dance instructors…

[img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1370272014_1015_FT209960_dance_.jpg[/img]

Linda, I LOVE your planters! Linda, now we definitely need to get together this month 🙂

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Here is a Fairy House my hubby and I made. We grow gourds and he makes Hawaiian drums. This fairy house is 20 inches tall. Everything is natural except the floor to wieght is down. It has a chandelier made out of jobs tears, a fairy bed with moss covers, a little shell sink and a little table with shell dishes. They are so fun to make!
                          [img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1370274616_996_FT209960_fairy_house_2_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM
                          Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 256 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.