Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Just curious

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Will there be a SwirlyHues challenge for August? I noticed that the badges and the place to link entries are missing from the side of the blog page. It just made me wonder.

Snagg1
      Send PM

Sadly, we have decided to bring SwirlyHues to an end. It never really took off like we had planned it to. 🙁

We tried a lot of things to advertise it and it never really gained momentum.

I personally want to thank all of those who participated in the challenge month after month. You all brought our dreams for this challenge to life and for that I am very appreciative and grateful.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

And I appreciate all of you at Swirlydoos for making me go the limit and really think about colors in a new way for me!!!!

Too bad about it not taking off, but we still have plenty of inspiration here with the other challenges and, most of all, from our awesome DT!!!!!

Thanks for the info, Lisa! Thanks to the DT for all the work they put into this challenge every month! It was a really cool challenge and I enjoyed playing along when I was able to.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'm going to miss it. It was the one challenge tht I managed to do on a regular basis, besides the RR.

Thanks to everyone who put their all into making swirlyhues. You all were a great inspiration.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm sorry to see it go as well. I really enjoyed the challenge of working within a color pallete

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I will miss it too! I was just getting started with it!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I'm sad to see it go also! It was fun! 🙁

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

AW man I was just getting started!!! Sad to see it go!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I didn't get to try the Swirlyhues challenge out since I'm not getting the kits yet but I loved seeing all the layout each month for this challenge!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I was just wondering why, you didn't let it play out all the way for JUly and then end it????

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Oh I shall miss it too! I have really enjoyed this challenge as I don't get the kits, but I have loved being stretched with the colours and sketches. I have also leat so much from the superb DT layouts and the amazing entries each month.

Thanks to you all for a great challenge!

If I could just make a dent in my current paper stash I might be able to justify getting the kits!!

PS Now back from our six week holiday and was sooooo eager to start the next Swirlyhues!!

I haven't notice this post before, and was just thinking that you were taking a pause during the holydays, but sadly I discover that the Swirlyhues challenge has come to a end.

I've enjoy playing along with you all. As some of you have perhaps notice I'm not a paper person, I prefer to make my own background and play with inks, gesso etc… but I love the kind of scrap you do at Swirlydoos, it was a real inspiration for me when I start and still is….

Me neither! I'm sad to see it go too.

Sad face. 🙁

I didn't always get it done, but I did LOVE to try!! It was a great challenge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.