Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrap Room ORGANIZATION! Kit Organization

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

I'm looking for ideas on how to store the monthly kits (especially when you've used parts of it). They are so nicely coordinated for us, that I've been keeping them in their original boxes. But I'd like to take the embellishments (i.e. sticles, ribbons, stamps) and put them with like items in my storage system — but I'm afraid that when I go to use the pp/kit etc again in the future that I won't remember what all came with the kit if I break the kit appart for storage/organization. Any ideas? :!

I gave up on trying to store the kits with all the SwirlyStuff with the paper. I forget what's where, and then I don't use it. Since I've member number 46, I've got lots of SwirlyGoodness. Since my DIL started the organization craze, I'm using plastic storage boxes and grouping items together….like flowers, bling, trinkets, etc. My papers I store in Hopper Cropper stand up file thingies with plastic spacers between the different collections of papers. It seems to be working for me…..It's amazing to me how much I remember about what's where with this system….at least, I have a general idea of where the embellies, flowers, papers, and bling are….

I have one 12×12 flip lid box that I put the current kit in. Everything else gets split up and put with everything else. Since 95% of all my stuff is Swirlydoos, I don't worry about what came from which kit.

🙂

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

If you don't want to keep your stuff all together, You could always print out a pic of the current kit from the website with the list. You can also click on the pics on the right hand side of the screen to see them too! 🙂

The current kit goes on top of my desk in a storage unit like http://www.michaels.com/Desktop-Organizer/sb3486,default,pd.html?cgid=products-scrapbooking-storage&start=293
      and once we move on to next month's kit, I then completely take apart the kit and add it to my exisiting stash. And about 75% of my stuff is also swirly.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Ditto. As the new kit comes in, everything left from the old kit goes into the general population.
        Actually, it's easier to find old elements like this. It's when they're stored in boxes that I tend to forget all about them. My paper is stored in Cropper Hopper dividers, flowers and trinkets go on the Clip It Up. I do confess that my stamp storage is abysmal; those do tend to get lost.
        Erica, I do something similar with my kit. I altered a couple of KaiserCraft OTP pieces. I use the shelves to store odd stuff like acrylic, manilla and my beloved Grungerpaper and Grungeboard. That plastic bag undeeath is holding my scraps so far.

[img:width=585&height=480]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1337902947_36_FT158816_storage.jpg[/img]
        Not the best image. It's grey and gloomy here, so I have the overhead light on.

If you don't want to keep your stuff all together, You could always print out a pic of the current kit from the website with the list. You can also click on the pics on the right hand side of the screen to see them too! 🙂

Love this idea! I'm gonna start a file on my computer with these images. Thanks Rae!

I started doing this awhile back. I print out each kit at it is revealed.

Snagg1
          Send PM

I've been storing them in Dell laptop boxes (like pizza boxes), but then I dont see the the stuff, I like Ya'lls ides better.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I've done the list keeping thing on the hard drive ever since the hack.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I have a rolling cart with 25 drawers that are just over 12X12. Each kit gets its own drawer and once the paper is down to scraps (not enough to make another full layout) everything gets sorted by type. I tend to put either a little sticker on, or a piece of paper into, the packaging that says Swirlydoos so I'll remember, though I'm getting so that I have enough kits now that most of my stash is swirly stuff. Since my scraproom is not set up since the move (gotta save up for new fuiture) this system works well for me as I end up doing most of my scrapping in the kitchen right now; I can grab the drawer for whichever month's kit I'm working with and I have everything upstairs with me.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I keep mine on the floor sized Clip it Up. It's the perect size to hold the kits, and everything stays in the bag. 

[img:width=216&height=504]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1338072243_1_FT158816_organization_emb7.jpg[/img]

Here's one link for the floor model that Krissy uses. Starsailor made her own from a lamp, and it was very cool.

http://store.scrapbooking-warehouse.com/clipitup.html?gclid=CK_m77qGn7ACFeZgTAod3FV_ZA

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I keep mine on the floor sized Clip it Up. It's the perect size to hold the kits, and everything stays in the bag. 

[img:width=216&height=504]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1338075598_1_FT158816_organization_emb7.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I wanted that clip it up but have no room for it. I have a lot of clip it ups since i was on their DT. I still have two wall mounts that need to be hung up. Dh has been busy so I am waiting patiently. Since I can't do a whole lot of scrapping right now, I went through my papers and made a spot on my paper shelf to hold all the paper leftovers from kits. The embellies have a spot on the pegboard. I am currently trying to work on the Bo Bunny chipboard wedding album. I have the cover completed and really love it. Only ten or so pages to go! LOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.