This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I've just been paying bills today and trying to figure out when I might be able to start ordering kits. I was wondering approximately how much you save with the kit compare to what it would cost me to buy everything retail myself. I need to have a good excuse to tell my DH why I should buy a kit each month, lol. Thanks 🙂

Snagg1
        Send PM

Steph, you would save a ton. Krissy is able to buy items for the kit at a mfg rate. This allows her to pass that savings onto us. I'll bet if I had to go out and buy everything that is in the kit, on my own, I would pay close to $50.

Does that help?

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Steph, you would save a ton. Krissy is able to buy items for the kit at a mfg rate. This allows her to pass that savings onto us. I'll bet if I had to go out and buy everything that is in the kit, on my own, I would pay close to $50.

Does that help?

Cool, thanks. I guess there is shipping on top but DH doesn't need to know that, lol. Plus I can see by looking at the list even though we have two quite large LSS here they don't always carry a lot of the neat stuff. One of the main things I've noticed about our stores is that they don't carry a very big range of Prima Embellishments, or any Dusty Attic – things like that so the kits really do make a lot of sense for people like myself that are not in the big cities.

Snagg1
            Send PM

True. I'm one of those people. I only have a general craft store near me, no LSS. 🙁

When we do our special orders, Krissy tries to fit everything into the same box so that it keeps costs down. For example, our DA orders will come with our kits rather than being shipped separately.

She will do a DA order pretty regularly, but she has also done Lindy's Stamp Gang orders, TH Distress Markers, Smooch Sprays and on and on.

We all joke about being broke (which, we are) but we would be in the poor house if we were left to fend for ourselves and get everything all on our own.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I know what you mean by being broke but we do need a stress reliever and scrapping is mine. I tell my DH that I'm just so perfect, I have to have at least one fault which is spending our money at the LSS, lol.

They just opened a Hobby Lobby but I am not impressed. Seems like not a lot of the cool stuff just a lot of home decorating stuff and our Michaels and Joannes don't carry a lot of scrap stuff that I want or need like all the stuff we have needed in the last 4 months.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

We don't have Hobby Lobby or Joannes up here in Canada but when I was visiting my friend in Portland back in November we did go to a Joannes and I did notice they didn't have a big section of scrapbooking stuff.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I know what you mean by being broke but we do need a stress reliever and scrapping is mine. I tell my DH that I'm just so perfect, I have to have at least one fault which is spending our money at the LSS, lol.

LOL

I can tell you first hand that Krissy puts stuff in the kits that I would NEVER find in Canada.

Oh and I forgot to mention that since scrappy goods cost about 20% more here and our dollar is pretty much at par… well that covers half the shipping too. Trust me worth every penny – this coming from a gal who used to help research kit contents for a Canadian club 🙂

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Oh and I forgot to mention that since scrappy goods cost about 20% more here and our dollar is pretty much at par… well that covers half the shipping too. Trust me worth every penny – this coming from a gal who used to help research kit contents for a Canadian club 🙂

That's true, with our dollar being so good it's a good deal. I also like the idea of being able to order things like Dusty Attic that our stores don't carry up here. I kept trying to get our one LSS to carry more Tim Holtz but the couple that owned it weren't really into his type of crafting so they pretty much just carried the Distress ink pads. Now they've retired and sold the store to a couple of other people and after taking a class at CHA last year with Tim Holtz they love his stuff so they carry lots of his goodies now, which makes me a very happy scrapper. 🙂

Always glad to enable someone and have a reasonable justification, LOL. Tell your hubby that if you actually get the main kit and one of the add-ons, it's like free shipping!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

LMBO!! None of us should be left alone….for too long. :P

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

LOL, yup this all sounds totally justified!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I went to a family reunion on Sunday in St. Pete Florida which is on the other side of the state from me. I made DH spend the night so I could go the the LSS there which is wonderful. Then when we passed through Orlando on the way home we stopped at another LSS. Needless to say I'm on bread & water for the rest of the month.

That's what happens when you don't have a good local store. Krissy keeps us up to date on all the new goodies…totally worth the price

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.