Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Las Vegas!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

GlitterGirl
      Send PM

Hubby and I used to travel ALL the time for pleasure and for work/pleasure too. But… since having kids we haven't been away from them for more than 24hrs (once a year) by ourselves in well over 6 years. The last time we left for 8 days to Cancun and that was way too long since the boys were babies (1 and 3) and we all missed each other too much. So, we've been taking family getaways ever since. Well… no more babies = we are going to take off for 4 days to Vegas the first week of April! i am so excited – booked it today (steal of a deal!). It's the only time we could get proper childcare and most convenient for my before and after school kids too (I run a dayhome). It will be a VERY crazy, busy month (understatement) with Easter the weekend before and then all 3 of my kid's birthdays are in April too. 4 glorious days of nobody asking for anything, no cooking, laundry, dishes or making even my own drinks – SOOOO WORTH IT, LOL. I think it's the least we deserve for 11 years of marriage and 3 kids, right?

odiammy
        Send PM

Sounds like a fun trip! Enjoy!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Vicky that sounds like a wonderful getaway! You guys deserve some time away and Vegas babeeeee–well you can get all your yayas out there!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

It's sounds wonderful…try to see some shows while you're there!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

6 years! You definitely deserve a holiday! Have fun! Are you going to see any of the shows? I would highly recommend the Cirque due Soleil show KA. We went to it a few years ago and it was a mind-blowing show. I was in awe from the moment the lights went down, till they came on again. It was absolutely amazing.

NanciOgilvie
                Send PM

Have a great time! The Blue Man Group was pretty cool!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Have fun! April is a great time to go weather-wise. Bring shorts if you plan to be outside at all. 🙂

GlitterGirl
                    Send PM

I used to go to Vegas every year for work so I've seen the Blue Man group and we are getting tickets to Cirque that's coming here to Calgary in the Spring sooo… I want to see the glitzy feathers and can-cans this time, LOL. Hubby has never been to Vegas so it will be eye candy for him (oh the lights too 🙂

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I can't believe it's been that long for you!! It's so well deserved.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Vicky, sounds so overdue!!! Enjoy.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Vegas and a cabinet????/ lucky you…. Have a great time….

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

You definitely deserve a break Vicky, you'll have so much fun. I love Las Vegas, the last time we were there was Jan 2011.

odiammy
                              Send PM

I hope you guys will have an awesome time!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
                              Krissy
                              Swirly Admin
                                Send PM

Enjoy Vicky!! So jealous!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

GlitterGirl
                                  Send PM

Oh how wonderful!!! Going away together is going to be sooooo nice!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.