Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout Of The Week 10-17-10 Jan Conners

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Who ever said that a LO has to have a photo on it..Some of the most beautiful LO's we have seen do not have pictures. But the message it portrays is inspiring, as in this beautiful LO created by our very own Jan Conners (Msjan1). It is actually a piece of art created on canvas. Imagine this piece displayed on a sofa table sitting in a beautiful decorative Wrought Iron book stand. beautiful.

Jan describes how she created what was once a plain white 12×12 canvas that she picked up from the clearance aisle at Michael's.She used the die cut lamppost and the word inspire to complete Robin's SGC October Challenge. The lamppost was painted with metallic gold paint and then embossed with black embossing powder. Some of the embossed powder was rubbed off for a distressed look. Then Jan added vellum undeeath the lamps and filled the lamps with GA to make them look like glass. The inspire was painted with Tim Holtz crackle paint.

The papers & Tim Holtz bookplate were from Robin as a prize for winning the RR Challenge last month. Thank you, Robin. The RAK was gorgeous Jan exclaims!! She also added some lace and ribbon from her stash as well as past Swirlydoos kits. The Prima flowers and bling were from her stash, Robin, and past Swirlydoos kits. The ?Prima leaves were also from her stash. The key is a Tattered Angels embellie from a past kit. The canvas was inked with Tim Holtz distress inks and then stamped with a Prima stamp. Jan then added the fence she purchased at Joanne's after painting it with more Tim Holtz crackle paint.

Wow..So many wonderful techniques used to create this wonderful Canvas!! A refreshing alteative to the traditional scrapbooking page. We love it Jan. Congrats on the challenge creatively done!!

Please visit Jans Blog to see more of her beautiful and inspiring work.
    http://ascript4scrappin.blogspot.com/%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]
    [img:width=600&height=593]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1287369346_55_FT0_john14_1_.jpg[/img]

Beautiful Jan!! WTG!!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Love this!!!!!!!! Congrats Jan!!!

I'm totally inspired to scrap a page without a pic!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Congratulations, Jan! Love this!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Hooray Jan!!! I LOVED this as soon as I saw it! Congratulations on LOTW this is just GORGEOUS!!!

That is a fabulous piece of art!!! I love it so much Jan! Congrats!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Great choice Lisa! This is just beautiful Jan. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Beautiful Jan!!! Congratz!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Congrats Jan.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Jan, congratulations!!!!! I so love this stunning and inspiring page!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Congrats Jan!!!! This is absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

Beautiful, beautiful Jan, Congrats!!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Congrats Jan…beautiful!!!

Jan this is a stunning work of art. Congrats

Thank you, everyone! I am so excited to be chosen!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.