Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout Of The Week 8-15-10 Lisa Valentine

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Is it because her name is Lisa??
    Is it because she chose my edit on her incredibly beautiful photo??
    Is it because one of my favorite songs is She's Country by Jason Aldean?
    Is it because Jason Aldean sang my wedding song on Crossroads with Brian Adams?? (lol)

I think NOT!!!!!!

This LO won out this week on it's own merit…Created from a challenge in mind, Lisa so creatively used more than a couple of techniques to compensate for the absence of patteed paper…
    What pray tell???? No patteed paper??? Surely you jest!!!
    Does it matter??
    I think not…
    Lets talk about that background paper.Lisa said , the first thing she did was break out her distress inks and a white piece of card stock. She used Bundled Sage and Stormy Sky for the page. Then she took one of her favorite stamps from Donna Salazar and stamped it along the bottom in two different colors.
    Her other techniques used on this LO??
    Faux Metal technique
    inking
    SVG cutting
    Please go visit Lisa's blog on details of how she created this gorgeous page. Her talent is just incredible!! A true Savage in this place we call Swirlyville!! Congrats Lisa…We love it!!

Lisa's Blog
    http://www.randomonpurposelife.blogspot.com/%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]

She's County
    http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/404730/shes-country-from-cmt-crossroads.jhtml%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]

Heaven
    http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/404723/heaven-from-cmt-crossroads.jhtml%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]
    [img:width=600&height=602]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284289276_55_FT0_she_s_country_.jpg[/img]

Yep this is an OUTSTANDING layout. With a HOLY smokes to boot! So rich in detail with not a scrap of PP in sight.
    Lisa ( StarSailor) great choice and to LisaV…………..a round of applause on a gorgeous LO.

So proud of you and CONGRATS.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

GGGGGGGorgeous Lisa!!!!! I LOVE that Metal technique!!! Gonna try it!!!! And the girls did such a great job editing the photo for you…gonna get them to do that for me too!!! I'm just a copy cat!!! lol!!

Gorgeous Lisa!!!! Love it all! congrats!!!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Yee-haw! I'm doing a swirly dance…..thank you a million times, thank you!!!!! I will admit that this is probably my most favorite page to date. Thanks Jannike for a great challenge.

I could not have done it without my swirly sisters!!! I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for all of the inspiration and support. You are truly the most talented and beautiful group of ladies I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Absolutely Gorgeous Lisa!!! Superb work!!!

What a gorgeous page Lisa…truly beautiful! Are those leaves the swirly vine ones? I really like them. Thanks for your inspiration.

A super gorgeous LO, Lisa! Absolutely LOVE it!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Congrats Lisa! That's a stunning page!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Gorgeous page…congrats.

Lisa, gorgeous,gorgeous page!! love,love that metal!!!

Wowzers, that layout is STUNNING!!!! Congrats Lisa, very well deserved.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Lisa, great idea with the inking and stamping!!!! You've convinced me that your faux metal is a MOOOOOST DO, love the two inks. Add the photo and overall design, and you've got one amazing layout!!!!!
              Congratulations!!!!!!!

Congrats, Lisa! I love, love this lo! You did a wonderful job with this challenge. It is one of my faves!

Holy crap that is an awesome layout! I LOVE IT!!!! ;D CONGRATS!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.