Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout Of The Week April 17 2011 Jennifer (jrabs)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Tommy Bahamas Official Recipe for
    Key Lime Pie

[img:width=566&height=443]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1303124816_55_FT0_tommy_bahama_key_lime_pie.jpg[/img]

And Jennifer's gorgeous rendition of those memories

[img:width=600&height=602]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1303124979_55_FT0_april_22011_odd_papers0_.jpg[/img]

Here is what Jen told us about the making of this layout in her own words:
    This LO was created for a challenge over at Swirlydoos. We needed to use at least 2 papers that were not typical scrapping materials.

I used a wine bottle label from my favorite wine. I used a take out paper bag from our favorite restaurant in Naples FL. I punched coffee filter paper and misted it and I used some music paper from my husbands music book stash.

Now at first glance this is NOT a terribly romantic page, however for me, this screams of romance. I'm sure you are scratching your head saying, huh?

Well this is our fav restaurant. We dream of this place all year until we make our annual visit from NY to Naples FL. Then we order a nice glass of wine, eat our wonderful meal and top it off with key lime pie and a great cup of coffee. Usually cannot eat it all so we grab a take home bag and bring the rest to savor later. ohhhhhh man!

This is the actual bag from the take-home desert. I knew I could scrap it later. 🙂 I was half hoping I could still smell the aroma of the deeeeeelishious key lime pie on the bag. Since I could not, it simply means another visit is due soon.

As for the music paper, we love to see a musician that has been entertaining there for years. Our hearts are warmed when we step into Tommy Bahamas and see our favorite man playing to the dining crowd. My husband is a musician so he completely enjoys a talented musical entertainer.

This is our romantic night out with all our favorite Florida memories.

You know the best part? My husband looked at it and just grinned and said with a dreamy smile, ahhhhh Tommy's. Love your page- baby did you book our trip yet?

I show him every page I do. He looks it over and sometimes says, Nice, doll. LOL – he's not fooling me that he is being curtious and respectful. But this time, I knew he actually looked at the photo I picked and looked at the layout and it warmed his little manly heart.

What more can we add to describing this beautiful layout???It is just fantastic!!! The colors the not so fairly Odd Papers, the memories…Gorgeous!! We love it Jennifer.
    Congrats!!

Snagg1
      Send PM

Absolutely perfect choice!!! I love this page. Jen you did a great job of bringing those memories to life!!! Congrats!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

it is such an awesome page and story to go with it………just perfect…huge congrats Jen 🙂

Wonderful LO! Love the story that goes with it! Congratulaitons!

Congrats Jen!!!!! I love this LO

Ohhhhhhh Thanks so much. Tommy Bahamas does rock!
        I am so appreciative.
        As for the photo. After we dined there, we strolled on the beach till the sunset. It's walking distance from the restaurant and we know our way. We picked an evening that has musicians all about the town playing on the sidewalks – like a street music fest.

My hubby walked about and enjoyed the music and I took out my tripod and took long exposure night photos of Downtown Naples. Fresh from my night photo class, I thought this perfect environment would be great to keep up the practice.

This photo was taken about 9:30pm and has the most striking electric blue sky but the blue absolutely did not go with the papers. I tried it, and hubby said it looked Southweste in feel. So I had to convert the photo to Sepia to complement the papers.

Thanks for listening to me blather on about my evening. It really is such a dreamy and perfect place for us – and this is where we want to retire. Well not at Tommy Bahama's, but right next door
        🙂

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Blather away, that is one stunning layout!!!!!
          Congrats!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Lovely layout Jennifer… Well deserved

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Congrats Jen. This is what it is all about. As I read your words telling this story, I can feel the love and happiness behind the story.

Well done and thank you for sharing your piece of heaven with us.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Congrats Jenn.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

This is stunning! Those colors are fantastic and the layers upon layers make you really look closely to see what more you can find. Fantastic!!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Jen-I love that this page has foundits way to capture those memories for you and your hubby-I hope you will hang this up so you both can see it everyday!

Congrats, Jen!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Super gorgeous!!! Congrats!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Congrats Jen and so well deserved!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.