Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week Layout of the week July 10 2011 **Maggi**

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

AMAZING GRACE

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1310291433_55_FT0_grace_.jpg[/img]

If you haven't seen this LO, read the incredible story that Maggi tells us.

*****************************************************************************

Photo of my Mom in Verdun, France taken in 1953. She is standing in the doorway of the house we lived in. I have to change the joual as I didn't get all my facts quite right, but it will read:

1953 Verdun, France – Dad had already gone to his duty station in Verdun, so you had to fly to France with a baby, Margaret, and Craig, almost 5 at the time. The plane was struck by lightening and caught fire so the plane made an emergency landing in Newfoundland. By that time, you must have been scared out of your mind and wondering why on earth you were traveling to this foreign land.

But there you were, in France, living in a house with a bullet holes from WWII in the front door. Our french landlady & her son had hidden in a cabinet in the kitchen when the Germans forced their way into her home. Fortunately they didn’t look there and she was ok.

You and Dad lived on the French economy and with the grace that you’ve had all your life, you accepted the situation and set about leaing to speak French. You and our landlady, Madam Gaillard, sat with the French/English dictionary and leaed to communicate. By the time we came home from France, you were speaking fluent French.
    *****************************************************************************
    This LO is just amazing in fine detail. The doorway scene, blended from paper and photo is incredible. The lamp post, the flowers, the title. All scrapped with love. We dont know what else to say Maggi, except, you have created a stunning LO. And thank you so much for sharing the intimate history behind the photo. That just makes it more the sweetest!!

Snagg1
      Send PM

What a story! It is amazing where we find our strength sometimes. Beautiful Maggi. Congratulations!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Maggi what a beautiful layout, and an even more amazing story. CONGRATS.

Congratulations, Maggi! A truly beautiful LO with an amazing story!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Maggi, this is a perfect use of the paper and wonderful embellies and a stunning photo of your mother!!!
          Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations Maggi!! BEAUTIFUL page. wow what a story.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Gorgeous LO and a wonderful story..big congrats!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh, yes! Fell in love with this lo right off the bat!!! Gorgeous!! Congrats Maggi!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh wow, thank you so much ladies, I am honored. This LO is really close to my heart and your endorsement makes it even more so.

I have since leaed a few more things about this house in France. When we moved in, it did not even have indoor plumbing. My Mom and Dad paid to have water brought into the house. They never had a tub or shower and used a real honest to gosh tin tub. Mom put it up on the kitchen table to give us kids a bath. Thankfully, they did have an indoor toilet!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Wonderful choice! I just loved everything about this…from the story to how it was crafted with so much love and beauty. Congratulations Maggie.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

this is absolutely breathtaking! love the layout and love the story! And I loved lifting it!!!

Maggie this is one of my favorites!! Congratulations!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

oooooo I love that layout too, it is amazing…big congrats 🙂

Congrats, Maggie! I feel the need to lift 🙂

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Congrats Maggie….awesome story….awesome picture and layout….I'm lifting too!!!! Thanks for the ideas!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.