Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Life Is too Short

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

A weekago today my best friend passed away. She had a stroke and sat unassisted for four days. We have been friends for 42 years. While that sounds like a lifetime it doesn't feel that way. She yelled at me after my heart attack to keep a cell phone around my neck. She had one and either wasn't wearing it or couldn't dial it. Ladies who are getting older think about a I've fallen and I can't get up pendant, I think since I spend so much money on scrap stuff I should think about getting a pendant. About 6 months ago I fell and couldn't get up. It is scary. Don;t mean to make people in a bum mood but those devices could have saved her life. I am grateful that I had a cell phone on 6 months ago because I was bleeding and couldn';t get up in my front yard. Had to call 911 and was very grateful I had it. Her funeral is Tuesday and I am suppose to talk. I can hear her saying now don't get up there and make fool of yourself and don't share any of my business there. Thanks for letting me dump.

Snagg1
      Send PM

Oh Kathy. 🙁 I'm so, so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful that you shared 42 years together. We are lucky and blessed to have people who stay in our lives for that long. I am sending the biggest hug your way. I know that you will speak from your heart and that she will hear you and be happy with whatever you do.

((((HUGS))))

TY Lisa. You are right we are blessed. My hubby passed away in our 40s and that wasn't enough time either. Don't think there is ever enough time. After typing that i did order a bracelet and system.

so sorry for your loss, Kathy – and i am glad you ordered it. it may have just saved your life.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Aww Kathy, I am so sorry to hear about your BF. You are right, it's never enough time.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

awwww I am so sorry to hear about your friend…awww

Oh Kathy heart breaking. Just heart breaking. I am so very sorry! Please feel free to chat and share whatever you need to in order to help. This is so tragic.

Kathy, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. To be best friends weather 40 years or 5 years is a great loss when one dies. I have something to share with you. You are welcome to use it at her Eulogy..I find this passage very beautiful, I hope you use it.

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the moing breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, There, she is gone.
          Gone where?
          Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side, and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says, There, she is gone! There are other eyes watching her coming, and there are other voices ready to take up the glad shout, Here she comes! Amen

AWW….how beautiful, Lisa. I guess it's hormones, but everything has made me cry today. Reading this is no different. TFS!!!

Beautiful Lisa!

Kathy..I'm so so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and her family!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Lisa that is incredibly moving and so very very true. Great perspective.

So sorry to hear about your friend, Kathy.

Kathy, I'm so sorry for your loss.
            And Lisa, that is so beautiful!

Snagg1
              Send PM

So sorry for your loss-I lost a good friend 2 years ago and it feels like yesterday. I take comfort knowing she is happy and lokking down like the song sayssaying don't worry 'bout me.
              Your natural compassion will shine through and you will do her well in your eulogy.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

So sorry, it's so hard to lose someone that was in your life so long…. you were blessed to have her…. Big Hugs and sending my prayers…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.