Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Liquid, All-Purpose Glue??

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi Ladies!!

I was wondering if you all could give me some suggestions for a good, liquid, all-purpose glue to use for scrapping and projects. Clear-drying is a must, and I also need it to be strong. I have a few I've tried, but haven't found my perfect match yet. Any advice y'all could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!!!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Karen, have you tried Glossy Accents? It's a little pricey, but it does a good job. Pricier but a lot stronger is Zip Dry, that stuff is amazing, just make sure that you use it in a well-ventilated place, it's a little fumy. HTH.

Glossy Accents, or GA as it is refered to here, seems to be great for just about anything. and the bottle lasts longer than you think.

I use glossy accents or book binding (pva) glue for everything.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Karen, have you tried Glossy Accents? It's a little pricey, but it does a good job. Pricier but a lot stronger is Zip Dry, that stuff is amazing, just make sure that you use it in a well-ventilated place, it's a little fumy. HTH.

Ditto on both of these. I also use a liquid glue by 3M. you can buy it at Micheal's. It dries pretty quickly and is the glue I use most often when I make my flowers.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Yep, GA for me!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Well, looks like I'll be trying the Glossy Accents. I have some, but have not tried to use it as a liquid glue, per se. Thanks so much for all your help!!!

GA, Studio Matte medium are what i use

Snagg1
            Send PM

GLossy accents is great though I have trouble with the tip always clogging up. I mess up the tip tryint to open it up. know I ams supposed to wahs it out after each use – but really????
            I still love it though.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Also, I like Scotch Strong and Precise Glue.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I keep a long straight pen handy Joy and that keeps mine unclogged Joy. Well at least so far!

I keep the straight pen inside the tip and remove it when I need it. I also use Scrappy Glue by Magic Scraps, it's a mixed media glue for scrapbook artist and it's great for apply those tiny glass beads, and glitter too.

Is glossy accents quick drying too? I'm in need of a strong, quick,, clear drying glue now. I have some glossy accents so I guess I could try it, huh ;D

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Yes it dries really fast paper to paper. It's a little slower with other elements but still quick drying.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Diana, the quickest drying is probably the Zip Dry, but the GA is pretty quick.
                    BTW, I use the straight pin trick, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.