Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tips, Tricks & Techniques Liquid Pearls vs. Viva Pearl Pens

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

So, I tested out Liquid Pearls and a Viva Decor Pen in this video:

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Love this info Rae! I wish I had the Viva pen when I made my In Flight LO! I used liquid pearls on the butterflies and like you said it was hard to make a perfect pearl.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks, Barbara. Seriously- the pearl pen is a thousand times better.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Can't wait to get me some!!!!! (Pearl Pens that is!!!)

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

TFS Rae!!!!

Thanks, Rae! I have a couple of Viva pearl pens, but I haven't gotten to play much this summer. I can't wait to give them a try!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Wow that's a big difference, thanks for sharing Rae!

Arg, I so much liquid pearls that I don't use… thanks for the reminder, LOL – great video, love the pearl pen!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I've always sucked with the Liquid Pearls, I'm going to have to give the Viva Pen a try.
                  I love the idea of using the Bazzil stencils. I have some of those myself. If memory serves, they came with one of the very, very early kits.
                  Thanks, Rae!

Great video. I loved it! It's funny I like liquid pearls but when I got the pen in the kit and tried it I instantly noticed a huge difference. I have to agree with ya!!! I really liked it!

Awesome video Rae! And so so true. I didn't like the viva pearl pens in the beginning (a couple of years ago) because the were so fluid. I was used to use the liquicd pearls by Ranger. But yes….. Viva Pearl pens are way much easier to use!

Awesome!
                  I see that I have to try my Viva pearl pens more. I have only used them on some cards to make holly berry with the red and some dots with others. Have to try to make a swirl.

In the past, my dd has used my Bazzil stencils and Stickles to make blingy swirls on her LO's. She is really good with the Stickles! Mine never look quite that good!

If you don't have any stencils, just use any flourish stamp and a watermark ink pad as a guide to follow along with pearl paint for an easy handmade bling flourish.
                  [img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1376922397_1015_FT217068_img_0665.jpg[/img]

Oh, that's a great idea, too! Thanks Vicky!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.