Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers @ LisaV

This topic contains 47 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What did you use for the swirlys in your Whispers LO???? They are gorgeous!!!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

You mean the green swirlies?? Those were cut with my Silhouette Cameo. They are called Grapevines. Cool, huh?

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Dang, I was afraid you'd say that. Well, you're right, it IS cool. Thanks, Lisa.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'll have to go look for them in the silhouette store

Thanks

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I really should sell my Cricut. 🙁 (

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Yes you should , the Cameo is really much more useful with our style of scrapping. The desings are only .99 and you get to pick and choose

My cricut is collecting dust! AND, when I do use it..it shreds my paper to pieces..never a clean cut with or without a new blade. Sucks!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Erica, time for a Cameo. I'm working on a LO now where I cut a really detailed doily. It cut like butter!!!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

It DOES cut like buttuh! Love my Cameo. So totally worth the money.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

***Sigh***
                      Once I'm over my chaos and have all of my scrappy stuff put away (hopefully by the end of this millennium), I do intend to take out the Cricut, Gypsy and carts, photograph the heap, and put it all on EBay with crossed fingers.

Erica, I agree. It cuts large sized images pretty well, but it totally sucks with intricate pattes. I've tried doilies using Cricut carts; you would think that it would work…

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

My cricut broke….stupid thing!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

***Sigh***
                        Once I'm over my chaos and have all of my scrappy stuff put away (hopefully by the end of this millennium), I do intend to take out the Cricut, Gypsy and carts, photograph the heap, and put it all on EBay with crossed fingers.

Erica, I agree. It cuts large sized images pretty well, but it totally sucks with intricate pattes. I've tried doilies using Cricut carts; you would think that it would work…

You're singing my song Peggy….Even though I've used it more since I downloaded the Cricut Craftroom and linked all my carts, it still doesn't cut out the intricate carts nice and clean like I would like then too. It's very frustrating and makes me just want to throw the du thing out the window.

I have been slowly but surely investing in spellbinders, Sizzix, Tim Holtz and memory Box dies so when I do invest in a Vagabond I'll have plenty of dies to use.

I should just keep the Cricut and some of the carts that have images that do cut clean and the couple of font carts I have and sell the rest.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Why don't our swirly sisters cut some extra stuff and share with ussssse that still have the cricut… sound good Peggy???/ heheh

I've leaed how to use Silhouette images with my Cricut….but you have to have the old Make the Cut installed on your computer. I have never updated MTC so it still works on GSD files that I make with Inkscape. I looked for Lisa's Grapevines on the Silhouette website, but it didn't come up by that name….only grape leaves and a bunch of grapes!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Keep searching Debbie..click on the leaves then undeeath in small type are other options click on the vines one. I think that's how I found last night

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.