Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Looking to move into a senior complex>>>>

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

My husband passed away almost 14 years ago and it is difficult for me to keep up with a large house, big pool and lots of yard. I cannot keep it going on my own anymore and I have a gardenerm pool person, bug person, handman etc and I get lonely and would like to go where people are active and I really want to do water aerobics. Of course I am thinking about these changes after making my scrap book room over.. The difficulty is deciding if I have the energy to get rid of 35 years of stuff. I have been cleaning things out for years stuff but most of it was school stuff.

I have a 40 gallon swimming pool whichi is as big as the clubs pool but it is heated and indoors. I love water aerobics and it helps me so much with my medical challenges. I am very confused because I have so many years and memories here. The place I am looking at will let me keep my dogs and serve 2 meals a day and has weekly housekeeping, etc. et . Ikeep telling myself I am not that old. The brochure says most folks at in early 70s. I feel with my helath challenge I am like 93. There is stuff going on with my heart again and my fibro has gotten really bad so my thinking is that if I could do things where I live I would participate. Anyone else been here. I sure could use some advice.

I am sorry that you are feeling to and have this big decision to make. For me, I don't think I could live without people around me. I pray that you have guidance in this.

I also need to be around people – that's why after being an only child, I had 3 kiddos to fill my house. Sounds like that's a whole lot of house maintenance for one person… especially if you are experiencing health difficulties. And hey, if they serve 2 meals and clean for you, well that's just more scrapping time for you 🙂 Good luck with your decision – follow your heart.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I can imagine this is a very hard decision to make. I was just talking to my friends Mom about this when I was on the mainland and ran into her. Her health is declining also and although some of these places can be a bit expensive she figures that if she added up all of her monthly bills and all the time she has to spend doing things herself the place she was actually looking at worked out a bit cheaper than staying in her home she has had for years (her husband passed away a number of years ago also). And she gets her two meals a day and house keeping also. It would probably ease your kids minds also that they wouldn't have to worry about you so much and you would have all of these activities to do with other people.

Good luck with your decision and as Vicky has said, follow your heart!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Kathy, I won't give you advice, but I shall say a special prayer that you do make the right decision. {{{HUGS}}}

{{{{{hugs}}}}}…Now, first off, you will always have memories. Right now, you have material things that keep reminding you of the memories. But memories are really in your heart. If your health is suffering and you are unable to care for your large home, keep your most cherished possessions and move them to the new community. Being around people who are on the same position you are in will do your heart and heath good. Please do not suffer any more. I know that this decision is a HUGE one, but think about it with all of your heart. What is best for YOU. No one can tell you what to do. We can give you all the advise in the world, but it is YOU that has to follow your heart. I pray that you do just that. Think about yourself. Be happy. What ever it takes. xoxo

Kathy, I totally agree with Lisa. Folow your heart, and don't let fear hold you back. I'll pray for you. (((HUGS)))

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Prayers Kathy and HUGS !!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.