Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Madame Tech Kit Challenge **WINNER** (Last Post)

This topic contains 52 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

(Sorry, guys- I guess my post disappeared, because I did this yesterday)

For those of you gals who got the tech kit, we challenge you to USE it!!!!! Since we started this challenge, the tech kits have been project-based, but this month, it is technique-based, so I'm changing up the requirements:

1. Create a project using the gelatos and AT LEAST one of the following- the TA specialty paper(s), and part or all of BFS chipboard window. If you use other things, please use at least 60% of the July kit collection (main, flowers, cs, embellishment, and mediums add-ons).
      2. Upload your project to the gallery and post it here with a brief description of how you completed your project by August 15th. You can enter up to two projects.

Here's what we came up with:

Rae
      July+2013+SD+Gelaot+Wall+Hanging-001.jpg

Andie
      1373285703_572_FT211438_momandad_.jpg

Now show us what'cha got, gals!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I think these two projects are beautiful!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I can't wait to get started with this kit!!!!
          Your examples (and videos) are fantastic, thanks for the inspiration!!!!

too cool!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Lovely! And love the kit!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

awesome projects!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Okay, gals- Andie and I have been working our tails off with gelatos. Check out the blog for video links or just go to our Youtube channel. Seriously- I want to see what you guys are doing with them too. :p

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I've started mine. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Yay!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I was intrigued by Andie’s July 13 video and decided to try and make my own Faux Finn paper. I used a 6”x6” section of the TA suede paper that was included in the July Project Kit, along with the Gelatos. When everything was dry, I took out my jar of Embossing Paste and Prima mask and pretty much covered the entire square.
                      Meanwhile, I used a CW stencil from a very long ago kit to trace an artisan shape on a piece of corrugated cardboard. I gave it a thorough coat of Martha Stewart Crackle in Redwood and when it was dry (this took about 24 hours), I painted it with the LSG Mica that we received this month.
                      The BFS chipboard window was primed with Gesso, then all but the punch-out swirl was painted with the gorgeous Gold Ferro; the swirl itself was colored with the Spiced Pumpkin Silks.
                      To form a backdrop, I traced a top and side onto some of the cardboard and tore the other side, then covered it with black Gesso.
                      I spread some of the Tangerine Gelato onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water to color the length of seam binding on top.
                      I used a bit of the gold Darice bling that came with the Main Kit to trim the shutters. The ephemera and button are from the Embellishment Add-On; the large flower is from the Main Kit. The rosette ribbon is from last month’s Brass Shilling Kit. The metal trinket is also from a past kit. The lace and IAR rosebuds that I colored with the Silks are from my er, collection.

[img:width=501&height=593]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374540385_36_FT213110_20130722_oatka_sunrise.jpg[/img]

The image is from a photo taken by my niece last May. She was taking her dog for their moing walk and caught this gorgeous sunrise with her phone.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Peggy this is awesome!! Fantastic use of the bling on the windo and Love the masking undeeath.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Thanks Andie, and thanks even more for the Faux Finn technique!!!!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Oh Peggy, this tued out beautiful!

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Thanks!!!!

Your window is beautiful, Peggy! Love all the detail you put into it! The photo is gorgeous and the faux finn background is perfect for it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.