Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! National Scrapbook Day 2014 Maggi's Inspire Me! Art Journal challenge

This topic contains 78 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Art joualing doesn't come easy for me, so I need you all to inspire me with your art joualing. It took me three tries before I was happy with my example for this challenge!

So my lovely savages, it's time to play with your stuff!! For my challenge, you need to inspire me with some art joualing, either a page or a cover of your art joual. Don't have an art joual? No problem, just create a canvas or a page.

Rules – oh not too many but you gotta have a few!

1. Use a quote on your page that relates to the word home in some fashion. The quote does not have to have the word home in it but if it doesn't, it has to relate to the word home Example of a quote that relates to home without using the word home: I love where I live.
      2. Dig through your stash and pull out some stuff that's just hanging out, taking up space. I pulled out the fence and the metal pieces from my stash. Also went into my molding pastes and threw out a jar that was dried up, and then used up most of another old jar. Around the edges and under the word your I have used some bits of Lindy's fusible webbing that were left over from a previous project. You do not have to use Swirlydoos products for this challenge.
      3. Pull out at least two stamps from your stamping stuff! I have used a poodle stamp, checkerboard stamp, script stamp, and a foam circles stamp.
      4. Use two different masks if you have them. If not, use something else to create texture on your background. You could use burlap, cheesecloth, webbing, lace, tissue paper – see example at the bottom.
      5. Use some mists, paints, gelatos, etc. for coloring.
      6. Use some embossing enamel somewhere. I applied embossing ink randomly around the edges, sprinkled with marcasite embossing powder and heat embossed.
      7. No photos allowed!
      8. Your creation must be new as of today, May 3. 2014 and can be used in only oney other NSD Swirlydoo's challenges.
      9. Must complete this challenge and upload to the gallery and this thread by midnight, MST on May 10th. Let me know if you have any posting issues and I will help you out!
      10. Have fun and get your fingers all inky!!

[img:width=600&height=798]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399113761_312_FT0_art_joual_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=420]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399113779_312_FT0_art_joual1_.jpg[/img]

Marcasite embossing powder on the fence.

[img:width=600&height=665]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399113859_312_FT0_art_joual3_.jpg[/img]

fusible webbing at the top.
      [img:width=600&height=262]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399113919_312_FT0_art_joual2_.jpg[/img]

Here's an example of a background I created with lace and webbed ribbon. I covered the canvas with gesso and then laid the lace on the wet gesso and then gessoed over top. After that dried, I misted. When the mist was dry, I used a peacock feather mask and silver embossing paste to add the feathers to the background.

[img:width=600&height=744]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399114214_312_FT0_dancehall-girl1.webjpg_.jpg[/img]

There will be a RAK for one lucky person that completes this challenge! The winner will be selected randomly. Can't wait to see what you all do!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Gorgeous art joualing page! Your layout with the fusible webbing is beautiful. I have never used my webbing. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm gonna try to get this challenge done….hoping my mojo comes back…

Snagg1
          Send PM

Gorgeously inky examples! Lets have some fun!

These are gorgeous Maggi!!

Gorgeous examples, Maggi! Love all the color and texture of your AJ page!

Gorgeous pages =) Fun challenge… want to join in, but as I said in another thread… need to clean my studio first ;)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Oh Maggi these are fantastic doll!

a quote by Leonardo Da Vinci that has kind of stuck with me: Art is never unfinished, it is just abandoned.

So if you have something you don't like…keep at it until it becomes something you like;)

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Terrific examples Maggi and I beg to differ, but it looks like art joualing DOES come easy to you! ;D

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Maggi, you ROCK at art joualing! I love all of your examples!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Those are beautiful pages Maggi! I love, love, love the little heart covered poodle!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thanks ladies! I buy everything I see that is poodle! When I first started scrapping back in 2005, I would ask if they had anything poodle and the answer was always no. The first thing I remember seeing was some 3D stickers that Jolee's mfg. Bot a bunch of them of course!! Now I have a poodle die, some stamps, some Cameo pattes. Fabscraps had a collection with a poodle on one of the pages but I never got any of that. Love my spoos!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thanks ladies! I buy everything I see that is poodle! When I first started scrapping back in 2005, I would ask if they had anything poodle and the answer was always no. The first thing I remember seeing was some 3D stickers that Jolee's mfg. Bot a bunch of them of course!! Now I have a poodle die, some stamps, some Cameo pattes. Fabscraps had a collection with a poodle on one of the pages but I never got any of that. Love my spoos!!

So when Kim and I were in Chi-town at her LSS I saw these little doggy wooden pieces. They were so cute and there was a fluffy poodle in there. I showed Kim and said this is right up Maggi's ally

She agreed ;)

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

[quote]

So when Kim and I were in Chi-town at her LSS I saw these little doggy wooden pieces. They were so cute and there was a fluffy poodle in there. I showed Kim and said this is right up Maggi's ally

She agreed ;)
                        [/quote]

Next time buy it for me!!!! !lol

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

lol – got it girly

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Actually I took a photo with my phone. I forgot to upload it…

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399144258_572_FT238902_photo_.jpg[/img]

See the poodle?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.