This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I haven't had any requests, so I read myself through the blog hop comments, (BTW: Thank you all for the awesome comments) and came across someones post who said something about buttons. So…. You can figure…. I wanted to do something with buttons.
    Here's the card I made for today:

600-2.jpg

And here's how it came together.

1-13.jpg

I folded a piece of cardstock double, and draw, half a butterfly. Cut it out, and fold it open.

2-13.jpg

cut it in two parts.

3-13.jpg

I did this 2 times. (2 butterflies) and glued 1 butterfly on a piece of chipboard.

4-13.jpg

on the other one (cardstock only) I layed out my buttons. When I was happy with how it looked, I got back to the ones I glued to the chipboard and cut those wings out.

5-11.jpg

I applied a medium layer of Gesso to one of the wings. (I worked in small steps.)

6-12.jpg

and started to add my buttons.

7-12.jpg

Till the entire wing was covered with buttons. I repeat this for the second wing. Let the wings dry oveight.

8-11.jpg

When I got both my wings done, I needed something for the body. So I took a tiny spool (this came in a previous kit) and 2 stickpins.

9-11.jpg

This is how I wanted it to look like.

10-8.jpg

So I cut the stickpins and added glue to the inside of the spool. Then I took a tooth-pick
    (cut it a tad bit shorter than the spool) and put it in the spool first. Then I took the cut stickpins and slided them in the spool too.

11-11.jpg

I cut a small piece of chipboard and glued the spool on it. The left over chipboard will be,
    mounted with foam tape and then glued to the backside of the wings.

12-11.jpg

the butterfly is almost done. I wanted to fill in the Gesso-ed spaces with some glitter. I used stickles for it. Set aside to dry.

12-1-1.jpg

Because I wanted the butterfly to be the center point, I kept the background for my card quit simple.
    Here's how I did my background:

13-11.jpg

I cut a piece of PP of 4.3 x 7.25 inch. The second layer was cut a tad bit larger.

14-10.jpg

I inked and distressed only the outher edges. Added some trims/lace, a bow from burlap, and I gave the
    outlines a quick (diamond) stickles line.

15-9.jpg

I cut 2 wide strips of tule and ruffled them on 1 side.

16-9.jpg

Glued them behind the wings of the butterfly.

I glued my butterfly in it's place and I was done.

600-2.jpg

I decieded to leave this card blanco, cause it can be send for a birthday or as a Get well card etc etc.

***************************************************************************************

Rules for this weeks card:

Use buttons (lots of them)
    Use Gesso
    Use lace/trims

***************************************************************************************

Please share your gorgeous creations here, but also in the Cards Gallery.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Beautiful Paulien! Great tut as usual.

Beautiful card! Love the butterfly! I love your card tutorials, Paulien! One of these days, I promise, I will catch up and make some cards!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

*squealing with glee* I LOVE this card. Your tutorial on the button butterfly is awesome. I have a HUGE collection of my grandma's buttons, so I will be trying this for sure!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh My Goodness, in a million years I would never have thought of buttons, but this is amazing!!!!!!!!!
          I am sooooooooo doing this one and thank you, thank you, thank you hugs going out to you Paulien, for this gorgeous, fantastic, wonderful idea!!!!!!!
          (In case you were wondering, I loveeeee this card!!!!)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Paulien, the butterfly is to die for!!!!!! Love it!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

What a sweet card, Paulien! Love the bow, your gorgeous butterfly and the pearls and lace.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

This is so pretty Paulien, you always come up with such clever ideas for your cards!

Love that butterfly – can't wait to give it a try.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Love the butterfly and the lace, beautiful

Paulien that is absolutely wonderful!!!!! Love it!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Beautiful card!! I love the button butterfly!!

love butterflies and buttons!!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I'm partway done with mine; this will be a (second) birthday card for DGD; her party is on Sunday.
                      I've applied the Stickles and since they are not Distress I'm waiting until tomorrow for it to dry completely. I'm still playing around with the card design.

can't wait to see your card Peggy!!!!
                      I hope your DGD has an AWESOME birthday party!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.