Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Memorial Day gratitude

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I live a Veteran-centric life both at home and at work. I just wanted to point out that saying Happy Memorial Day to a Vet,while it may have sentiment at heart is a painful thing for them to hear. They will tell you there is nothing Happy about it.
      I wanted to express thanks not only for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice but to the spouses,parents and children of those heroes. They lost not only their loved one, but the life path that would have been. Never pass up an opportunity to express gratitude.Not just on Memorial Day or Veteran's Day,but any day.
      [img:width=550&height=320]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1401046137_563_FT0_111.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

My husband, father, brother, and many other family members are all veterans. Thank you for remembering them. My husband was only four years old when his father gave his life in the Korean War.

My Dad is 92 years old and began his service in WWII and served in the US Army for 28 years. He was in Korea and twice in Vietnam. Today he is somewhat obsessed with his military career and dwells on it. But you know what really makes him happy is when someone comes up to him and thanks him for his service, it means a lot to him.

God bless all our men and women in uniform military or otherwise, and keep them safe.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
          Send PM

Amen Tracey. I know so many look at this weekend as the kick-off of summer and grilling, but we must remember all those who gave the supreme sacrifice for is to do these things freely and without fear.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

So very true Tracey, we all need to thank these awesome men and ladies!

I live in a military town so I always have opportunities to thank our new
            military. So grateful for the sacrifices they have made.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Thanks, Tracey, for reminding us to thank all veterans and their families for their sacrifice for all of us…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.