Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Memorial

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I didn't think I could do it but I did. Here is a pic of my mother. In 2005 when she worried and took care of my dad. This is at her birthday party. She always gave the kids disposable cameras to take pictures. One of her grand kids caught her on this special day.
      [img:width=468&height=441]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1315621628_793_FT0_miss_you_0011.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

What an absolutely wonderful tribute!

Such a beautiful LO to honor you mom!

Beautiful — you look like your mom!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Beautiful. I've got ideas swirling in my head about a tribute page to my mom but they haven't finished germinating yet; I'm glad yours came together. TFS.

What a beautiful page!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

That is just gorgeous. love how you used the doilies.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Connie, this is such a gorgeous memorial to your beautiful mother!!!!
              I can see how much real love that you put into it!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

A beautiful way to remember your Mom!!!

Gorgeous Connie!!!!! What a wonderfully beautiful tribute page!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Fabulous, I love the coers a lovely tribute.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Thanks ladies. I didn't think I looked like my mom until I cut my hair. I have made her dear friends cry. Not the reaction I was hoping for. But she was adored by many people. A little about my mother she was the kind of woman who knew everyone in the community and those who had moved away. She worked for Mohawk Govement as receptionist. When she was diagnosed with Cancer she continued to work up until we took her to Disney World and just before her treatment started. She fought as hard as she could but the truth was she was ready to go. There was not an empty seat in the church at her funeral and not a dry eye. Her Eulogy was based on her fav author Danielle Steele. My aunt used the titles of the books and talked about examples in her life. My kids are still heartbroken and when I notice they have been crying they call them Grandma moments. Its hard but not impossible and each day doesn't get easier but we get through it. I have been told it will get easier, I have to believe thats true.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Connie, your mother was a wonderful woman. The fact that there was not an empty seat for her funeral speaks volumes about the kind of person she was and will continue to be in all of your hearts.
                      It will get easier as time passes and life happens. You will always miss her and all of you will have Grandma moments, but they will become fewer as you lea to remember her with smiles. {{{HUGS}}}

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Thanks this weekend has been hard. A friend that was close to my mom is fighting cancer and she is in hospital right now with her family at her side. It has really hit a nerve. So I have been blue. Headache is not so bad today. I hope to get out of the house.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.