This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Now that reality (gone savings) has put a screeching halt to my scrap store shopping I decided I wanted to try to make the little 9 drawer dresser. I feel really stupid. I understand how to make the drawers but I'll be damn if I can figure out how to put the outside dresser together. I can see where they outsides clip in and then my sides are too small.

Help I am visually and mathematically challenged. Heck I am challenged in many areas I don't want to share right now.

Help. I went online to Kaisercraft and many other places to try to find directions. All the directions I could find were for the drawers on.

Snagg1
      Send PM

Watch Tiffany's video. I'm pretty sure she shows how she put it together.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Did you paint it before putting together? I found that swells stuff and I had to trim the tabs and openings the time I made mine. Lesson leaedassemble then paint.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Now that reality (gone savings) has put a screeching halt to my scrap store shopping I decided I wanted to try to make the little 9 drawer dresser. I feel really stupid. I understand how to make the drawers but I'll be damn if I can figure out how to put the outside dresser together. I can see where they outsides clip in and then my sides are too small.

Help I am visually and mathematically challenged. Heck I am challenged in many areas I don't want to share right now.

Help. I went online to Kaisercraft and many other places to try to find directions. All the directions I could find were for the drawers on.

Kathy, (something I leaed the hard way a couple of years ago), first do not paint anything until all is assembled. And you're right: KaiserCraft seems to think that all of their customers can figure it out, they publish finished designs, but no assembly instructions.
          Okay, you did the drawers. Now for the rest. You should have a large 8-1/4 x 8-3/4 piece (that's the back), (2) 3 x 9 pieces with notches top and bottom and 2 holes 3 and 6 down (those are the sides), (2) 9 x 3 pieces with rounded coers and 1 hole on each end and 2 more holes on one side (these are the top and the bottom) and (2) 3 x 8-1/4 pieces with notches on each end (these are the inside shelves). ***These measurements are approximate, just guides to help you sort them***
          Let's call the back (a), the sides (b), the top and bottom (c) and the shelves (d) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `ID`=VALUES(`ID`), `post_author`=VALUES(`post_author`), `post_date`=VALUES(`post_date`), `post_date_gmt`=VALUES(`post_date_gmt`), `post_content`=VALUES(`post_content`), `post_title`=VALUES(`post_title`), `post_excerpt`=VALUES(`post_excerpt`), `post_status`=VALUES(`post_status`), `comment_status`=VALUES(`comment_status`), `ping_status`=VALUES(`ping_status`), `post_password`=VALUES(`post_password`), `post_name`=VALUES(`post_name`), `to_ping`=VALUES(`to_ping`), `pinged`=VALUES(`pinged`), `post_modified`=VALUES(`post_modified`), `post_modified_gmt`=VALUES(`post_modified_gmt`), `post_content_filtered`=VALUES(`post_content_filtered`), `post_parent`=VALUES(`post_parent`), `guid`=VALUES(`guid`), `menu_order`=VALUES(`menu_order`), `post_type`=VALUES(`post_type`), `post_mime_type`=VALUES(`post_mime_type`), `comment_count`=VALUES(`comment_count`); it helps to take them out and line them up on your table in this way. Remember, until you paint this, you can take it apart if you get it wrong the first time.
          Okay. First, I take one of the sides (b) and line it up with the back (a) so that the notches and holes match. Next, I attach the top and bottom (c) to the back and the side. I now have it looking like this: [ . Next, with the project lying on it's side with the top and bottom looking up like this I_I , I attach the shelves (d) to the side, lining up those holes and notches. And you're almost done. Just take the remaining piece, which will be another side (b) and attach it to the notches on the shelve and then place the notches on the ends to the top and bottom of your chest.
          Once it's assembled to your satisfaction, you can begin to paint it. I've discovered that as long as you use paint or stain, you do not have to glue these pieces together. The notches and holes expands enough to keep it together.
          You said that you've done the drawers, so I'll admit that I've been long-winded enough ;D
          Kathy, I really hope that you do this one, you will love it when you're done with it!!!!!
          (And don't forget that we'll want to see your finished project..)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Peggy you're amazing!!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Also, you can email Kaisercraft for the assembly instructions. I did that with the advent calendar.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Also, you can email Kaisercraft for the assembly instructions. I did that with the advent calendar.

Serious??????
                GAHHHHHH!!!!!! I just cursed our KC in true holiday spirit and figured it out on my own. Actually, I found that if I lay out the parts like I explained to Kathy, I could figure it out pretty quickly. I just didn't realize not to paint first. That's a whole other story having to do with files and hammers and a lot of frustration.

Kathi ? !heart

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Well the drawers are A LOT easier to figure out on your own comparing to that flipping advent calendar. That was a bear to assemble.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Right?????????? Really puts you in the holiday spirit, LOL.
                    But I did lea from my mistakes with that one, the one I did last year came together right away.

Wow this is a wonderful group of women. Peggy TY so much for your instructions. I had watched the video and misunderstood what she said. She said she was not going to show how she did the embellishments but she did show the assembly of the drawers. Between Peggy's directions and the video by Tiffany I think I can work on it.

What I really need help with in the next week is getting my paperwork together for Taxes. Any volunteers. Looking forward to getting it done so I can go play in my craft room. Now I am excited to try the drawer.

I feel lucky to be part of Swirlydoo even if I don't get a lot done but I am excited that I feel like I have what I need to work on projects and do the classes I have signed up for. Your women are so Amazing. TY for patience with my black hole in my brain but the directions and video will let me go back through it to keep trying. U SWIRLYSISTERS ARE TRULY AMAZING SAVAGES. ty

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Welcome. !heart

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I fixed mine, just not had time to upload a pic yet….

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Debbie, can't wait to see!!!! (Wasn't that fun to do?)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.