Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW Mixed Media Messes

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by talkis talkis 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    RAE
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

Are you tidy when it comes to mixed media? Are your brushes clean? What about your stencils and masks? What about your craft sheet? For those you keep up with the mess, do you have any tips for people who always seem to forget to clean up?

RAE
      RAE
      Swirly Moderator
        Send PM

I have to admit, I am MESSY. I just spent 20 minutes cleaning my brushes! I try to rinse them right away, but if I don’t have a jar of water ready and waiting, the goop gets dried on there!

My mat usually always has misting and paint on it. I try to keep paper towels, Clorox wipes, and baby wipes handy to prevent that.

I have ruined some stencils too. 🙁

Angelica
        Angelica
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I’m very tidy when it comes to mix media. All my brushes are clean. I keep soapy water in cup when scrapping. Once done I wash them again. With my stencils I wash them as soon as I’m done using it. Same with my mat. I hate when my hands are all inky. So I make sure I have wipes to clean them with. I don’t know, I just can’t stand messes. I clean up and put everything away once I finish a page just to bring it all out again. One of the many reasons it takes me forever to get a page done. OCD in it’s fullest! 😛

luv46kdz
          luv46kdz
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I have my baby wipes, clorox, and paper towels right by my desk. When I’m done misting I wipe right away. After texture paste, I take the stencil and spatula right to the sink. I’m pretty anal about that stuff even stamping when I’m done I clean it right away ? I can’t help it. Now other stuff like going through embellies and papers nope all over the place.

Angelica
            Angelica
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

LOL, Paula! We’re to peas in a pod! 🙂

RAE
              RAE
              Swirly Moderator
                Send PM

I wish I were like that! In truth, most of my scrapping is done LATE at night, so I am tired. If I don’t remember to set up the jar and bucket for stencils, I just don’t do it. My cat is VERY pesky, so I try to keep the door closed when I scrap, and if I get up to get stuff, then he sneaks in, and he’s a nightmare sometimes- walking on the desk, walking in wet paste on my projects, and dumping over stuff. I need to get better about preparing to scrap!

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

LOL, Rae (shaking my head!)
                  I’m just so anal that I’m pretty good about most things. I actually use the plastic bags that the kits come it on top of my craft mat when I’m using gessos and pastes and stuff, scrap paper for inking and glitters. My misting is done in a USPS priority box layered with newspapers.
                  I do keep a mug filled with water for my brushes and I bring my stencils immediately to the sink before the goop is dry.
                  My one thing that I’m pretty casual about is my stamps. I’ve convinced myself that a quick swipe or so with a baby wipe once in a while is all that they need.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
                  RAE
                  Swirly Moderator
                    Send PM

Actually, I DO clean my stamps! I only have a few that are kind of dirty, but that’s just from using archival ink on them, and they seem too delicate to scrub.

luv46kdz
                    luv46kdz
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

LOL, Paula! We’re to peas in a pod! :)

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-425754″ style=”display: none;”>angelica</span>Quote

We are! I get too agitated with stuff everywhere! When I did my last video I waited before I cleaned the stenciling and it was making me batty knowing the paste was on my stencil and spatula! Lol ?

msjan1
                      msjan1
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Well, my craft mat only gets cleaned when I have to pack it for camp! But, brushes and stencils I clean right away. Stamps-no! My sister can’t stand it when she goes to use my stamps or my stamp cleaning pad. It is always filthy. The stamps actually end up dirty if you use the cleaning pad! I try to clean it if my sister is coming to scrap now(or, leave it just to bug her! hehe).

And, let’s not even talk about the desk. It is splatted up and misted down!

Kathi
                        Kathi
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I clean my stencils and brushes right away; the craft mat gets cleaned every once in a while. I clean my stamps with a baby wipe, I figure if it’s good enough for Tim it’s good enough for me

take time to smell the roses

RAE
                          RAE
                          Swirly Moderator
                            Send PM

Okay, quick question: how often do you vacuum or sweep your scrap room/area floor? I vacuum ALL the time! I can’t stand stepping on little paper pieces!

msjan1
                            msjan1
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

not often. Only when my sister is coming or I’m not in the mood to scrap. Otherwise, I’d rather be scrapping than cleaning.

Angelica
                              Angelica
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

I vacuum every Monday..lol!

talkis
                                talkis
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

I am pampering I have sink in my room so I will immediately clean my stencil and I think I am a neat freak for my products. And yes I like getting dirty but I rank very quickly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.