Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Mixing sprays

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by msjan1 msjan1 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Barbara
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Have you ever mixed sprays/mists. I am in need of a different color and wondered if you ever tried it. Is it the same as mixing paint?

Angelica
      Angelica
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I sometimes mix sprays to get a lighter color. If I’m spraying chipboard or a doily I use the light color first then spray with the darker and mix them around with a brush.

I haven’t mix two different sprays in one bottle. Wonder what would happen!

Peggy
        Peggy
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Good question. I like the idea of spraying them on a surface and mixing them there; if it’s a disaster, you wouldn’t be wasting that much.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Barbara
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I ended up going a different way, but trying it on plastic or something is a good idea.

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

What are you working on, Barbara?

Barbara
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Another layout. I ended up using a Heidi swap spray, but didn’t know so much gold would show. Ends up i cover most of it. Plus i still have to stamp. My paper is a warped mess because i have no clear gesso. Going to try spraying water on the back side and see if that helps.

Barbara
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

If not it may be a week before i can get it somewhat flat.

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I’ve done that myself, Barbara and it’s so annoying. I never thought of spraying the back, hmmmmmmmm

Anyway, I hope it works and I can’t wait to see what you’ve done.

msjan1
                    msjan1
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Well, Barbara, I’ve taken the iron to mine before! To the backside of course!

RAE
                      RAE
                      Swirly Moderator
                        Send PM

Spraying the back will work most of the time. 🙂

RAE
                        RAE
                        Swirly Moderator
                          Send PM

Something else that I do when my paper is really warped is use scor-tape or the Prima artisan tape on the back of the paper in several strips. I take off one strip at a time and smooth it out onto a piece of heavy cardstock. Then, I use my magnetic mat and put ALL of the magnets I have in spots where it’s still a little buckled and the edges. If I do this and leave the magnet on overnight, it flattens out.

Barbara
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Which reminds me, I watched a video of yours and love your mat! Thinking I need one.

I did try and iron it last night. I thought it worked pretty good at first but then it started bending in a few places. May try it again today.

Bec
                            Bec
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I can’t wait to see your layout Barabra. Hopefully you can get it flat.
                              I’ve never mixed sprays (because I have a problem and can’t stop buying more) but mixing Gelatos works. Just draw them onto your craft mat, mix them with your finger and then add water to make your very own spray.

Barbara
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

I don’t have any gelato. Way behind on sprays.

droopidog
                                droopidog
                                Swirly Admin
                                  Send PM

I love mixing all my mixed media. I keep mini misters on my desk just for mixing or making my own mist.

I keep small jars for mixing embossing powders to get that perfect color. Then I save what’s leftover, I may need it again especially if I am working with a kit.

One of my favorite mixtures is a combo of embossing powders (2 colors) mica flakes and glitter.

I use the white sheets of paper that come in pager protectors to test my creations on. The best part about mixed media is experimenting.

There have been plenty of days i have gone to work with gesso, glitter, ink or paint somewhere on my body from a mixed media session the night before. No matter what, i always miss something when I shower. Besides, you know what they say about glitter. LOL!

Kim
                                  My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.