Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff My child, the baby, the last one home….Is leaving …

This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

I took off from work tomorrow..So much stress today…Good exciting stress..it is official..My baby girl will be moving out to the other side of the country to go to school!!!! OMG…I wanna die!!!!! She was accepted at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Portland (Weste Culinary Institute)…OREGON!!!! The other side of the world!!! So today was all the paperwork, the faxes, the paperwork, the phone calls, the paperwork….
    Oregon!!!!….Might as well be China…But the child chose her location..It is one of the best culinary schools in the country, and one of the best curricular programs in the world. So I know she will be in good hands education wise…It has been a trying week for me, I didnt want to say anything until things were final..Well, it's final..She has been accepted. She's leaving on a jet plane…Someone please pass the tissues…
    On the other hand the kid is sooo excited. When she decided to let go of a criminal justice degree, she said she will follow her passion. Food. Once she completes the program, she will do a 12 week exteship…Anywhere in the world where there is a Cordon Bleu…She is thinking Italy…
    I need more tissues!!!

Snagg1
      Send PM

oh, Lisa…..big hug…here, I have a tissue. Holy crap! I just can't imagine how to you must feel right now. My BIL is a chef and went to one of the inteationally renown schools there in Florida. That wasn't where she wanted to go, huh? Oh wow!!! Here, I'm passing you a nice glass of Sangria….and another tissue. Congrats yo our daughter, and to you. Bittersweet.

Thank You Lisa. She didnt want to go to any school in Florida or in New York…She wanted to experience the west coast. If she gets stuck, and doesnt like it out there (she is convinced she will) she can always transfer to the Orlando branch. But she wants Portland. What is your BIL doing now?? Thanks for the hugs and tissues…

Snagg1
        Send PM

You are more than welcome. Wish I was closer. I'd bring the wine, the tissues and the chocolate covered strawberries with me. My BIL has moved from Restaurant to Country Club, to restaurant and now back to a country club. He has been the head chef in all of his jobs. He is really talented and does a phenomenal job with his staff, inventory, new menu, etc. It just seems like he really works incredibly hard and long hours. He has 2 young kids. one is 6 and the other is 4.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Dang that's got to be tough. Hugs to you and many well wishes and prayers for your baby girl.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh, man!!! I can't bear the thought of my DD moving across town! If she were following her passion, I would have to put on my big girl panties and let her….but I would need boxes of tissues!!!
          I think you are being very brave and terribly understanding and supportive….I'm very impressed in both of you….You're daughter must be very grown-up and mature…..Kudos to you both!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Lisa, that is so exciting! I know you are feeling emotional, but it's going to be great for her! You have done such an excellent job helping her become an amazing person- I think you have prepared her for anything! Best wishes to Gabbie (and you)!

Wow Lisa! I am both excited and sad for you. 🙂 Good luck to her and you!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Lisa! It's perfectly OK to shed some my little babys leaving me tears!!! You wouldn't be a good mom unless you did! On the bright side, my brother has lived in Portland for more than 20-years and LOVES it!!!! There's a great laid-back, cosmopolitan, west coast vibe there. I think your daughter is going to have a blast. (Hope she likes rain.) And just think of all the yummy treats you'll get when you visit!!! Best of luck–to BOTH of you!!!
              xox

I can't even imagine. My oldest is a Sophomore this year. I tell her my gift to you is to follow your dreams guilt free. Go to college wherever you want and live where ever you want after without feeling obligated to stay close by. I always say in every stage of raising kids that letting go is the hardest part. (((Hugs Lisa.))) You must be very proud under the tears to have raised a child who has tued out so beautifully! She is a very impressive young lady! Best wishes to her and if I lived closer I'd bring over a bottle of wine.

[img:width=66&height=46]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1280279388_38_FT16526_27541379.1wine.gif[/img]

and tissues…

[img:width=231&height=215]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1280279571_38_FT16526_kleenex.jpg[/img]

How wonderful and exciting for Gabbie! Wishing her the very best! I know how hard it is when the baby moves out! She sounds like an amazing young woman and it is time for her to spread her wings! What amazing parents she has to support and encourage her! Now…where's that tissue truck Peggy used to have?!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))
                (((((((((((((tissues))))))))))))))))))))))

Aww..I know that is so tough. Bittersweet really. So proud of her but don't want her to go so far away 🙁 Hang in there…you've obviously done a wonderful job as her mom!! 🙂 You know, when she goes to Italy, you'll have to visit and I'll go with you to make sure she's doing ok ;) lol

Denise, I would love the company!!
                Thank you my swirly girlies for all of the support…

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

OMG Lisa!!!! That really is wonderful news….yet very sad for you!!! (((HUGS)))

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.